Project Officer - Comprehensive Eye Health
- Help us Eliminate Trachoma in Ethiopia
- Assist us to strengthen local health systems
- A new country strategy built on true partnerships
- 1 position based in Addis Ababa
The Fred Hollows Foundation, an international NGO founded in 1992 has been a driving force in the development and implementation of blindness prevention programs in some of the poorest and most isolated regions in the world. Currently operating in over 25 countries throughout Africa, Asia, Australasia and Middle East. The Foundation is working to end avoidable blindness.
Ethiopia is one of The Foundations largest funded programs, focused on the Elimination of Trachoma. Up until now, our program has focused on the complex and direct delivery of services to help those in need. With a strong foundation in place, we are now looking to enter into a new phase of our programming building on the work that we have already done.
About the Position
Reporting to the Program Manager-Comprehensive Eye Health, the Project Officer will be accountable for working with implementing partners in Ethiopia in the areas of project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation to ensure the effective implementation and coordination of project activities in line with agreed project guidelines and objectives.
About You! To be successful in this role, we are seeking someone with the following experience and skills.
- Knowledge of project design, project management, budget development and monitoring
- Minimum of 5 years working experience preferably with reputable NGOs.
- Support and coordination of successful health projects and development of effective & efficient implementation systems.
- Previous hands-on experience in project implementation and working through partners.
- Proven ability to influence and work with partners/stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills including fluency in written and spoken English and the ability to write effectively for varied purposes and audiences.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills to be able to develop new initiatives, identify critical issues, build capacity and standardize processes.
- Outstanding Organisational and time management skills including the ability to priorities and multi-task work.
How to apply:
Applications should be made via our website: http://www.hollows.org/au/careers/current-vacancies and should include your resume and cover letter addressing all areas expressed in the ‘experience, skills & attributes’ section of the Role Purpose as well as details of your current and expected salary.
Alternatively, if you would like further information please contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly note that CV’s sent to this address shall not be considered.
Applications close: 15th February 2021
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child-safe environment.
The Fred Hollows Foundation – Ethiopia (FHF-E) has been re-registered and licensed by The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Organizations Of Civil Societies in accordance with the Organizations Of Civil Societies Proclamation No.1113/2019 and certificate number 2985, on May 20/2019.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have the appropriate right to work in Ethiopia.