Organizational Learning and Knowledge Management Advisor - Ethiopia
SoCha, LLC is preparing a response for USAID/Ethiopia’s upcoming opportunity for MEL and Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) services under its expected Highlands Resilience Platform for Adaptive Learning (R-PAL) Activity. The R-PAL mechanism will include platforms and processes that streamline collaboration, communication, and knowledge management for over 25+ USAID partners working to increase household and community resilience to shocks in the Highlands regions of Ethiopia. The primary purpose is to lead learning within USAID’s Transitioning into Graduation through Enhanced Resilience (TIGER) Project.
To provide quality MEL services, we seek a qualified Organizational Learning and Knowledge Management Advisor to lead research, learning, capacity building, CLA, facilitation, training, knowledge management, and organizational development.
Scope of Work
The Organizational Learning and Knowledge Management Advisor position will likely report directly to the Chief of Party or senior technical officer and interface with SoCha’s home office. Exact reporting lines will depend on the final proposal delivered to USAID. The position is likely to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Illustrative Functions of the Position
- Facilitate and coordinate events to promote learning and collaboration within the Mission, government stakeholders, and development clients;
- Oversee event planning, facilitation and support to collaboration and networking within Mission staff, Implementing Partners (IPs) and development stakeholders, including coordination of communities-of-practice meetings;
- Develop, improve and adapt learning tools and practices, and ensure learning informs future adaptions;
- Develop learning products from assessments, evaluations, and events; produce syntheses documents;
- Lead CLA activities, including coaching individuals and teams to integrate CLA into team culture;
- Collaborate with technical offices to identify and address gaps in the technical evidence base and programmatic knowledge through learning activities;
- Lead implementation of programs to integrate knowledge sharing throughout the project, within the Mission and IPs, and with external stakeholders;
- Oversee the development of knowledge sharing platforms through websites, elearning, and social media;
- Develop training resources and reinforce knowledge management practices;
- Oversee and maintain information access and dissemination for efficient decision-making;
- Facilitate knowledge exchange, collaboration, learning and capacity building within the Mission, other USG agencies, IPs, international development partners, governments, and the private sector.
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Master’s Degree or higher in one or more fields related to organizational learning or development assistance such as public, business, or development administration; knowledge management; political science; economics; development studies; or closely related, inter-disciplinary fields.
- 10+ years of progressive, professional-level experience in organizational or action learning, development, and/or knowledge management.**
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills, including digital/remote communication, written, in-person/presentation, and facilitation skills applied within multi-cultural contexts.
- Experience applying organizational learning and knowledge management theory, practice, tools, and technologies.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation within complex international development contexts, in support of resilience, health, economic growth, agriculture and/or democracy and governance programming.
- Proven competence in client relationship management, strategic thinking, innovation, and effective communication.
- Oral and written communication and presentations skills in English required, Amharic language skills desired.**
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (anticipated)
Local and International candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
To lodge an application, please submit a CV via the following link: https://jobs.socha.net/organizational-learning-and-knowledge-management-advisor-ethiopia/
Applications close 7 March 2021, application review will be on a rolling basis.