Field coordinator (H/F) - Ethiopia
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM FR is about to open a programme in Eastern Oromia and Somali regions (Ethiopia). The intervention strategy aims to contribute to the reduction of morbidity and mortality by strengthening access to and use of quality maternal and child health and reproductive health services as well as reinforcing the emergency preparedness, paying special attention to the specific needs of the internally displaced population, in close collaboration with the health authorities and complementing the work of partners who already work in health in the woreda.
The activities will be implemented by a multi-sectoral consortium (health, protection and WASH) composed of three international non-governmental organizations (MdM-FR, MdM-Germany and COOPI). The consortium will support 5 health centers (HC) as well as 21 health posts (HP) in the catchment areas of the health centers supported by the action. For populations (internally displaced persons and host communities) with difficulties in accessing functional health facilities, mobile clinics will be deployed offering a minimum package of activities, with a special focus on mother and child health.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You report directly to the general coordinator and you manage directly 1 programme coordinator, 1 logistics manager, 1 administrative manager, 1 base opening logistician. The total team is around 15 members of staff.
You work closely with the coordination team in Addis Ababa, as well as project partners (MdM Germany and COOPI).
Your main responsibilities are:
• Ensure adequate information flow within the different departments as well as between the base and coordination team
• Oversee and coordinate the general functioning of the base and all departments
• Create and maintain a positive team spirit within the team and provide good working conditions
• Support team members under direct supervision
Safety and security
• Create and routinely update the security package and annexes
• Ensure that all staff and visitors are briefed on the security package and follow the rules
• Ensure data collection about the safety and security in Oromia region, provide analyses and share all needed information with the general coordinator regularly
• Alert the general coordinator without delay in case of impending danger or incident of teams or beneficiaries
• Ensure timely and accurate security incident reports are sent to the general coordinator
• Contribute to the humanitarian monitoring of the region, in close collaboration with regional actors and the Addis Abeba coordination team
• Ensure the implementation of the programme for MdM FR in the field and its follow-up in its different aspects
• Ensure the coordination of all project partners (MdM Germany and COOPI), preparation and follow-up of the different MoUs, the general planning, implementing and monitoring of activities, information sharing, reporting
• Work with the program coordinator, partners and coordination team to adjust operational approach and activities
• Contribute and give inputs for the update of MdM strategy in Oromia region
• Coordinate project evaluation on the base
Logistics, finance and administration
• Ensure the project compliance with donors and MdM procedures
• Ensure appropriate administrative, financial and logistical MdM procedures are in place, maintained and adhered to
• Ensure regular communications are maintained between the different departments and act as a mediator when necessary
• Ensure that the procurement plan is consistent with the needs of the project activities
• Be responsible for accurate budget control and overall responsibility for financial management of the project site in line with project proposal
• Monitor expenditure and budget compliance on a regular basis
• Monitor and develop plans to mitigate any under or over expenditure at project level
• Contribute to recruitment and selection of staff
• Be responsible for disciplinary and grievance procedures
• Carry out appraisals as per MdM standard requirements and procedures
• Ensure all new team members are adequately briefed on arrival in the field, and departing team members are debriefed and provide end of mission reports when applicable
• Ensure that all team members receive technical support
• Ensure capacity building and training of national staff
• Represent MdM and share information with the field and coordination teams
• Ensure base staff active participation to sub cluster meeting and share information with respective technical coordinators
• Build strong relationship with humanitarian actors working in the area
• Participate in the organization and implementation of the visits for donors
• Supervise and contribute to the monthly sitrep
• Contribute to project proposition and reports to donors
• Report on a monthly basis to partners and authorities on activities
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Duration : 12 months
Starting date: 15/04/2021
Gross monthly salary: 3 073 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by Modem and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (40 days/year - minimum of 6 months seniority required)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:**
Master’s degree in international relations, political sciences, international development, social sciences or any other relevant field
Education in public health is an asset
At least 2-3 years of similar relevant professional experience in the position
Solid experience of project planning and budget holding, proposal and report writing
Experience in security management
Experience in HR, financial and logistics management
Previous experience in one of MdM program sectors desirable
Previous experience in health system strengthening is an asset
Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (logical framework analysis, project cycle management, objectives and indicators etc.)
Ability to cope with last minute changes and solution oriented
Team manager with a strong leadership
Experience in management of multi donor budgets
Ability to work under stressful situation
Anticipation and adaptability,
Languages: fluent in English (spoken and written) mandatory. French, Oromo or Somali are an asset
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to apply:
Please apply via the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JPocjPbp?idpartenaire=128