Chiefs of Party - WASH - Global
DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world-class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain, and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information, please see www.dt-global.com.
DT Global seeks to build a robust roster of qualified and experienced Chief of Party candidates for anticipated water and WASH focused donor-funded programs. Experience and technical expertise sought in one or more of the following areas: water resource management; water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH); water sector governance; water sector financing; environmental health; climate change mitigation and adaptation; environmental and natural resource management; nutrition and food security, urban services; gender and social inclusion, and monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL). Position locations are varied contingent upon contract and task order award(s). Possible locations include, but may not be limited to Afghanistan, DRC, Mozambique, Haiti, Kenya, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Jordan, Indonesia, Liberia, Madagascar, Senegal, Zambia, Tanzania.
Chiefs of Party will be responsible for overall strategic and operational coordination of program activities. S/he should have a comprehensive understanding of issues related to managing a sub-award/sub-contract program that serves clients in developing countries supported by U.S. Government funding; strong management experience, problem solving and interpersonal skills, and experience in budgeting and financial management. S/he will also have experience in interacting with U.S. Government agencies, other donors, and partners.
- Overall leadership, project planning and implementation, and ensuring timely and high-quality expertise and deliverables for USAID.
- Serve as the primary point of contact to USAID and contribute to successful, positive relationship with the client and other key stakeholders.
- Responsible for both the quality of the project, as well as for its effective financial and operational management
- Manage a team of technical staff, subcontractors and short-term consultants.
- Responsible for achieving the expected results of the project and solving problems that may arise.
- Master’s Degree (or higher) in water and environmental engineering, public health, business, international affairs, public administration, public policy, or a related field
- Proven technical experience in target countries in WASH, water resource management, or a related field.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years in the management and supervisory experience of WASH, water resource management, governance, and/or capacity building programs with a US Government foreign affairs agency, international assistance organization, or non-governmental organization.
- Minimum of five (5) years of field experience working in one or more developing countries.
- Demonstrated experience in liaising with high level representatives from both the public and private sectors.
- Demonstrable experience managing teams, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge with USAID regulations and compliance requirements preferred.
Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts.
Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
Customer/Client Focused: Anticipates, monitors, and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
Diversity and Inclusion: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
Professionalism: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity, and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.