CHIEF OF PARTY
CARE seeks a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded Integrated Youth Activity in Ethiopia. The Integrated Youth Activity (IYA) is anticipated to be a five-year, $60M cooperative agreement designed to empower youth to advance their own social, economic, and civic development.
The Chief of Party is accountable for the overall vision and leadership of the project and is accountable for delivering results. The successful candidate should possess significant experience managing program, financial, and operations of USAID- or other international donor-funded projects.
• Oversee the completion of all technical requirements, including project results and deliverables, in accordance with the project work plan.
• Build and maintain productive working relationships with USAID, project partners, and key stakeholders. Serve as the primary liaison among all project stakeholders.
• Manage the project’s operational, financial, and administrative priorities; direct the planning and budgeting processes. Create or adapt management systems in line with CARE’s standard operating procedures, ensuring consistency with project needs.
• Build partnerships among international -, national- and community-level stakeholders
• Design and oversee an annual project cycle in accordance with USAID’s annual planning cycles
• With staff and partners, translate project goals and objectives into implementable strategies and plans. Oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual project activity reports, M&E reports, and other deliverables, as specified in the agreement. Report against the project’s targets.
• Represent the project at high-level meetings, conferences, and other fora.
• Guide team members to fulfill the project’s strategic goals and objectives.
• Supervise and mentor senior staff, delegating responsibilities as appropriate. Clearly communicate expectations for staff performance.
• Master’s degree in a relevant field.
• Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in international development project management (previous USAID program management required); previous Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, or senior management experience on a donor-funded program required.
• Experience with one or more of the following: positive youth development (PYD) and/or youth development in lower- and middle-income countries (LMICs); managing programs that strengthen youth-led and youth-serving platforms and structures that empower youth; technical and vocational youth training programming.
• Understanding of villages savings and loan associations or similar savings group modalities is strongly preferred.
• Experience managing capacity building and partnership programs with local partners.
• Proven exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of similar-sized international donor-supported programs, with skills in strategic planning and thinking, management, supervision and budgeting, and experience managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions.
• Demonstrated skills building and maintaining relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
• Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff and teams.
• Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
• Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, as evidenced in previous management positions and programming. Demonstrated commitment to PSEAH (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Harassment).
• Experience managing required programmatic and financial reporting requirements. Experience with M&E is a plus.
• Previous experience in Ethiopia or East Africa is a strong advantage.
• Fluency in English (spoken and written) is required; knowledge of local languages is a plus.
• Ability to travel within Ethiopia as required and as security conditions apply.
How to apply:
If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment and contribute to CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision, please send your CV (not more than 3 page) and cover letter (not more than one page)through ETH.JobsHR@care.org.
Please clearly write the position you are applying for the “Chief of Party” position on the subject line of your email.
• Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
• Due to the large volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Female Candidates are highly Encouraged to apply!!