Area Manager Gambella
Job location: Gambella, Ethiopia
Starting date: as soon as possible
Vacancy closing date: 12th of March 2021
Duration position: 1 year
Working hours: Fulltime
We are here for victims of conflict and disasters, who are seeking comfort, shelter and food.
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
ZOA is looking for a
Area Manager in Ethiopia
ZOA’s programme in Ethiopia
ZOA in Ethiopia focusses on refugees and IDPs within the country. Currently, Gambella region has a population of roughly 385,997 and it hosts over 401,594 South Sudanese refugees and more than 31,041 IDPS/returnees. The refugees reside in seven (7) refugee camps in Itang special woreda, Pugnido, Gambella Zuria and Dima woredas. Most of the IDPs are hosted in the nearby hosting communities in Gog, Wanthoa, Lare, and Itang woredas. Gambella region is prone to natural and manmade disasters. Seasonal floods, tribal conflicts, cross boarder conflicts, disease outbreaks and wild fire are the most frequently occurring disasters. The ZOA program focusses on supporting/creating livelihood opportunities, reducing conflict, and Home grown school meals.
The Area Manager for Gambella is responsible for the development and achievement of ZOA’s project and programmatic goals in Gambella Regional State.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
Leadership and management
- Provides leadership to staff reporting to the Programme Manager
- Responsible for all ZOA activities within programme area Gambella in Ethiopia;
- Participate in country wide programme and knowledge development;
- Member of country management team;
- Implementing and strategic partnership engagement at programme level.
- Development of the Programme plan for the respective programme area, with annual review of needs for changes, based on ongoing context analysis and results of annual programme review;
- Annual planning for the programme area, with the corresponding annual programme area budget, as an input to the Country Annual Plan (CAP);
- Planning, implementation, and monitoring of project activities that were approved by donors with the corresponding project budget planning;
- Project Cycle management, including needs assessments, support in formulation of concept notes and proposals and budget;
- Reporting - monthly and quarterly activity and financial reporting, including realization of activities versus budget utilisation;
- (Providing input to) narrative and financial donor reporting;
- Annual review of progress towards programme objectives and outcomes.
Representation of ZOA
- Play a key role in representing ZOA in consortia in formal and informal relationships with partners, donor, government authorities and other stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Budget owner for projects implemented in programme area;
- Human Resource Management (at individual- and team level) for programme staff;
- Implementation and monitoring of financial, personnel and security policies and procedures.
- Ensures the design and maintenance of an effective security management system at programme level.
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision, mission and values of ZOA;
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of ZOA.
- Bachelor or Master degree in a humanitarian, development or other relevant field;
- At least five years field experience in a development country;
- Strong understanding of institutional donor compliance;
- Management experience;
- Familiar with Project Cycle Management;
- Good spoken and written command of English
Skills and attitude
- Result-oriented approach,
- Flexible and adaptive conduct;
- Knows how to prioritize;
- Customer-friendly attitude;
- Effective and appropriate communication.
- This is a non-family duty station.
- The climate in Gambella is quite harsh with high temperatures and high humidity.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Heline Bisschop, email email@example.com
How to apply:
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply. Ethiopian candidates with equal qualifications will be preferred above non-Ethiopian candidates.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via the following link: https://www.zoa-international.com/vacancy/area-manager-gambella/.
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. An assessment may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.
Because ZOA highly values Integrity, we expect all colleagues to sign up for and adhere to our Code of Conduct. As part of its recruitment process, ZOA carries out rigorous background and reference checks for all candidates. As ZOA participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, all reference checks include a written questionnaire, the “Statement of Conduct”, will be sent to past employers regarding Misconduct (such as sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment). This Statement of Conduct adopts the definitions used in the Scheme. The provision of references by ZOA will be subject to the Scheme as well.