Team Leader, Food Security Evaluation
CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture, and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and medical research.
CAMRIS seeks Team Leaders for upcoming evaluations of USAID/Ethiopia and Uganda food security activities.
Travel is anticipated for early August 2021 for Ethiopia and June 2022 for Uganda.
The positions are contingent on contract award.
* Leads the design and management of the evaluation and serves as point of contact.
* Leads the literature review and develops the draft and final inception reports.
* Develops the draft and final evaluation protocol and qualitative data collection tools.
* Coordinates with the team members and liaises with the implementing partner and stakeholders.
* Collects and analyzes data ensuring adherence to the agreed‐upon evaluation protocol.
* Assumes responsibility for quality assurance of all field data collection activities.
* Leads the writing of the draft and final evaluation report ensuring the quality of findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
* Must have significant formal education in a field relevant to evaluation (e.g., program evaluation, statistics, economics, agricultural economics, anthropology, applied research, organizational development, sociology, or organizational change) at a post-graduate or an evaluation professional continuing-education level;
* Must be a food security expert.
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in food security, with at least 5 years of experience in designing, implementing, managing, monitoring, and evaluating food security programs.
* Will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to deliver quality products in English both in writing and verbally (reports, presentations).
* Must have experience leading (design, field work, and analysis) mixed methods evaluations in developing countries.
* Must have extensive first-hand experience in qualitative research.
* Must have extensive experience in evaluations using mixed methods of investigation (qualitative and quantitative) in developing countries. Knowledge of the conceptual framework of food security and experience evaluating food security programming is highly desirable.
CAMRIS International, LLC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at CAMRIS.com. CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law.