Subject Matter Experts, Evaluation of Food Security Activities
CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture, and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and medical research.
CAMRIS seeks Subject Matter Experts for upcoming evaluations of USAID/Ethiopia and Uganda food security activities.
Travel is anticipated for early August 2021 for Ethiopia and June 2022 for Uganda.
The positions are contingent on contract award.
* Serves as the technical expert in required areas and provides input during the evaluation design and implementation.
* Contributes to the development of the inception and evaluation protocol reports.
* Assists the team lead in data collection and analysis for specific questions within area of expertise.
* Adheres to protocol and ensures quality of data collected for their subject matter area.
* Assists the team lead in drafting and finalizing relevant sections of evaluation reports.
* At least six years of evaluation experience with a postgraduate degree in Agriculture/Nutrition/Water Resources, or a subject matter related to a technical or cross-cutting sector of the project to be evaluated, e.g., Gender Specialist, or more than 10 years of hands-on experience should the SME not possess a postgraduate degree in one of the areas stated above.
* Substantial experience in evaluating social and behavior change.
* Field experience with the implementation of interventions in developing countries similar to those implemented by the project.
* Experience with and demonstrated capacity to evaluate well established internationally acceptable approaches, like farmer field schools, mother’s group approach, and village savings and loan groups.
* Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
CAMRIS International, LLC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at CAMRIS.com. CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law.