Senior Programme Assistant, EatSafe
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking an organised Senior Programme Assistant to support the EatSafe programme by providing hands on administrative and logistical assistance.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the role
EatSafe is a five-year, multi-country project that aims to enable lasting improvements in the safety of nutritious foods in informal markets in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) by focusing on the consumer. We will implement and test a series of gender-sensitive interventions to substantially improve food safety, working with vendors and creating consumer demand for safe nutritious foods.
The EatSafe Senior Programme Assistant will ensure smooth and efficient operation of the project by coordinating administrative and logistical support for all country-based staff and support development of subawards and tracking of sub-partner/sub-contractor/consultant deliverables.
This role is based in Ethiopia, Addis Ababa and is offered on fixed term contract of up to 3 years depending on funding.
Role specifics will include;
- Coordinate logistics for meetings, events and calls; including, but not limited to transportation, preparing presentations, drafting meeting documents. Attend and record meeting discussion and action items as needed.
- Develop and monitor project-wide deliverable tracker.
- Work with the EatSafe Country Senior Project Manager to edit and finalize reports, publications, and presentations.
- Update and organize EatSafe project files under GAIN’s PRISM and SharePoint sites.
- Support EatSafe Country Senior Project Manager in the management of daily agenda; update and track appointments.
- Prepare itineraries and briefings for travel including pre- and post-travel documentation (visas, travel authorization, and travel claims.
The successful candidate will have strong attention to detail, with a proven ability to multitask and work well under pressure. You must have hands on experience within an office environment supporting NGOs, donor funded and related projects. You must also be willing to travel within Ethiopia to implementation cities and markets to support the programme as of when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree social sciences/humanities or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience supporting programmes/projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic financial principles for compliance.
- Professional communication skills in multicultural, multi-lingual environments, written and verbal.
About our offer
In addition to competitive salary, GAIN offers an attractive pension scheme, 25 days holiday (plus public holiday), flexible working and home working. We will support you to grow in your career through formal and informal professional development opportunities and we offer this within a supportive and collaborative environment.
For more detailed information please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the "Apply Now" link.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
How to apply:
If interested, please apply via;