Reporting Officer (DTM)
Position Title : Reporting Officer (DTM)
Duty Station : Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 11 February 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
Candidates from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Cook Islands; Cuba; Fiji; Gabon; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People's Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Luxembourg; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
Under the overall supervision of the Emergency and Post Crisis (EPC) Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Programme Officer , the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for supporting in the drafting and dissemination of all DTM information products including, but not limited to, the national and regional dashboards, regional reports, situation updates, displacement profiles, rapid response assessment reports and other relevant products.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Support in designing Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) reporting plan and in drafting information products including from Site Assessment, Village Assessment survey, as well as contributing to Flow Monitoring, the Transhumance Tracking Tool pending confirmation and funding and information from any ad hoc assessments conducted.
Support the DTM Project Officer in improving the aesthetic of all DTM information management products.
Under the guidance of the DTM information management team and DTM Programme Officer, support in producing infographics and data visualizations to improve data user understanding of DTM data including participation in information sharing sessions.
Support in improving the dissemination methods for DTM information products and the positioning of DTM products among users.
With the approval of the DTM Programme Officer, upload all DTM reports to the website and ensure timely sharing of products with Headquarters (HQs) and the Regional Office as assigned.
Under the guidance of the DTM Information Management Team, support in the monitoring of DTM data through the reporting process and provide feedback regarding any inconsistencies.
Support in determining relevant information for inclusion and report development for all DTM reports.
Under the guidance of the DTM Programme Officer, support field staff to capture progress in project implementation through photographs, testimonials and other media avenues.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Graphic Design, Media, Journalism and Political Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or, • University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in media, graphic design, editing and publishing or similar at professional or intern level.
• Ability to use publishing software like Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Publisher and others;
• Ability to use graphic design software like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and others;
• Ability to use data visualization software like Tableau and others is an advantage (not essential if applicants meet other criteria);
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is an advantage.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 11 February 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 29.01.2021 to 11.02.2021
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2021 23 Reporting Officer (DTM) (P2) Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (56828348) Released
Posting: Posting NC56828349 (56828349) Released