Evaluation Consultant - End of Project
If you have a passion for development, child protection, and working with vulnerable (trafficked or otherwise exploited) populations, are highly proficient in program monitoring, evaluation, data collection, analysis, and reporting, and have experience within Ethiopia (or wider east African context), we are looking for you!
Hope for Justice (formerly Retrak) is seeking an experienced consultant (or team of consultants) to conduct the end-of-project evaluation for a four-year evaluation of a Modern Slavery Innovation funded (MSIF) project entitled “Protecting girls and strengthening families and communities against exploitative domestic work (Phase II).” The project focuses on highly vulnerable girls in modern slavery and at-risk in vulnerable communities in Ethiopia, to protect against exploitative domestic work, and to strengthen families and communities against modern slavery in Ethiopia (Addis Ababa city and Wolaita zone, SNPPR).
· Time Period: mid-to-late January 2021 until early-to-mid April 2021
· Length of time required: Approximately 30 days (see scope of work for more details)
· Travel within Ethiopia is required
· Due to Covid-19 restrictions, consultants based in Ethiopia are preferred; however, applicants who are able to freely travel into the country may also be considered.
· Demonstrated experience in program monitoring, evaluation, design, implementation and leadership (at least 5 years) in the development context
· Experience working with vulnerable children and families.
· Knowledge and experience of using research and analytical methods that focus on child participation, child protection, and inclusion of marginalised groups; learning projects; as well as working with vulnerable adults in communities
· Knowledge and experience in evaluating community prevention strategies (including savings and loans groups, community-based education, and child protection) is desirable
· Recognised postgraduate qualification (Master’s degree or higher)
· Experience working in Ethiopia (or the wider African region);
· Excellent proficiency in and ability to write in accessible English to an international standard.
Hope for Justice is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Consultants with lived experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this consultancy, please send the following listed documents to email@example.com no later than Friday, January 15th, 2020:
Filled and signed copy of the accompanying Evaluation Consultancy Application Form (including contact information for two references)
Your CV outlining relevant experience (including any additional consultants as part of your team)
A short (maximum 8 pages) proposal covering:
a. Your methodology for this evaluation (based on the Statement of Work)
b. An all-inclusive budget for the conduct of this evaluation (max 1-2 pages)
- Your best example of similar or relevant work within the past 3 years (a research or evaluation report)