Education Project Manager - Jigjiga (Open only to Ethiopia nationals)
The NRC office in Ethiopia would like to recruit for the role of Education Projects Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Education Cannot Wait Programme as this is a flagship role in Ethiopia. Our ideal candidate has managerial experience in Education in the Somali Region and has prior experience in working with donors as a consortium manager.
The Education Projects Manager will lead the design and implementation of high-quality education in emergency project activities for internally-displaced, refugee and host communities in the Somali region of Ethiopia.
Role and responsibilities
The Education Projects Manager will oversee project cycle management for all Education projects in Jigjiga Area Office. The key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
1. Projects Design and Planning
- Conduct high quality multi sectoral needs assessments for the design of new /integrated projects
- In collaboration with the Area Programme Manager, Specialist and Area Manager develop quality proposal documents for new projects
- Work with the CC staff, and other stakeholders to prepare and update logical project implementation plans including but not limited to spending forecasts, work plans, procurement plans, recruitment plans and PCMs for all projects.
2. Projects Implementation, Monitoring and Reporting
- Provide supportive supervision to the team to ensure the implementation of timely and high quality Education activities in the region
- Assure the quality of instructional materials like curricular and text books used in the projects
- Ensure that Teachers, PTAs and other Education professionals are trained on prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) and child safeguarding in all NRC supported schools and learning centres
- Conduct regular field visits to check the quality of implemented activities and take any corrective actions as necessary
- Ensure that project documents are correctly completed, approved and archived both in soft and hard copies.
- Review BvAs and work with the Area Programme Manager and Finance Coordinator to make the required re-alignments in line with NRC and Donor regulations.
- Ensure that high quality project reports including weekly PCM tracker and donor reports among others are prepared and shared with the Area Programme Manager on time.
- Participate in regional education fora including the cluster meetings and meetings convened by the Regional Education Bureau.
- Coordinate with other education stakeholders – UNICEF, UNHCR, ARRA and other INGOs implementing projects in the region for integrated programming and avoidance of duplication.
- Work closely with the ICLA CC for the provision of registration documents to children to enable them enrol in school.
4. Strategy development
- Lead the development of Education CC strategies for the Jigjiga Area Programme. Contribute to develop Macro Log frame, Local Indicators, Human Story
- As part of the Area Management Team (AMT), contribute towards the development of the Jigjiga Area strategies.
- Master’s degree in Education or relevant pedagogical field.
- Minimum 8 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in an international humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical Education expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
For the full job description please use this link