WASH Project Manager (open only to Ethiopia nationals)
The NRC office in Ethiopia is looking for a qualified WASH professional to implement delegated WASH project portfolio in Somali Regional State.
Specific Role Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate and lead WASH assessments in Somali Regional State (SRS)
- Quality control of all WASH activities – security allowing, travel regularly to all the sites of implementation of WASH activities, ensuring that all activities are in accordance with norms and standards;
- Develop, implement and manage remote monitoring systems that guarantee programme quality and implementation according to work plans and commitments to donors;
- Develop/Implement the planning for the extension of NRC’s WASH team and activities;
- Based on the broad framework determined by the needs assessments and the regional WASH strategy, develop SRS WASH strategy;
- Prepare/ develop narratives and budgets for proposals in collaboration with the Area Manager and other Grants team in Country Office;
- Prepare monthly reports of all NRC WASH activities in SRS, and as required by donors;
- Manage and monitor program finance and budgets, ensuring that all project activities are in accordance with set expenditure levels;
- To ensure that sustainable systems are set in place for longer-term operation and maintenance of all water and sanitation infrastructure, including the provision of all necessary training;
- Ensure a constructive co-operation with other NRC programs in SRS, local partners, local authorities, other international and local NGOs as well as the UN Agencies;
- Ensure that NRC’s work in WASH programming in the Somali Region is coordinated with efforts of other agencies and Government, and represent organization at Interagency Coordination meetings.
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum 5 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context;
- Degree in Water Engineering, Public Health, Civil Engineering, Environmental Health, Hydrology;
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Technical WASH expertise in both hardware and software components of WASH;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
For the full job description please use this link.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply and on the job training will be provided.