Sub-National Finance Advisor
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates International, Inc. (Creative) is seeking a Sub-National Finance Advisor for an anticipated USAID-funded program in Ethiopia. Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Sub-National Finance Advisor is responsible for leading the planning and implementation of activities related to supporting sub-national governments' resource mobilization, budgeting and planning, and public financial management. This will include providing a broad range of technical support and capacity development to regional, woreda, and/or kebele-level government officials and institutions.
- Subnational governments more effectively and transparently mobilize financial resources, plan and execute budgets, and fulfill reporting and auditing requirements.
- Information on outcomes, results, lessons learned, priorities, and needs flows regularly from beneficiaries to the program team;
- Interventions with government partners and beneficiaries aligns with the program's overall goals, leverages and supports activities under other objectives, and incorporates systems for sustainability.
- Support the COP and the Deputy Chief of Party in the development of the project strategic framework and work plans for the program implementation to ensure the achievement of the program goals;
- Provide a broad range of technical assistance and capacity development to sub-national government actors and institutions;
- Work with local public servants on engaging with constituents and addressing their priorities by providing technical advice and guidance;
- Facilitate interaction, collaboration, and collective action between diverse stakeholders and leverage stakeholder networks to develop strategies advocating citizen priorities;
- Support budgeting, resource mobilization, and accountability efforts that are inclusive of women, youth, and other marginalized groups;
- Document implementation successes, challenges, and lessons learned and share them with through regular program reports; and
Deliver technical presentations on program achievements to implementing partners, civil society organizations, government officials, donor, and other organizations.
Minimum Bachelor's degree in Public Finance, Law, Public Administration, Public Policy, or a relevant field; Master's degree preferred;
Minimum of eight (8) years of experience with governance and advocacy initiatives with international development programs, preferably with USAID or U.S. Government;
Demonstrated experience working with sub-national government institutions, preferably in Ethiopia;
Demonstrated capability to work with a broad range of local government, civil society and private sector stakeholders and partners;
Expertise in public service, public financial management, good governance and/or accountability and oversight;
Strong experience with coalition building and collaboration with multiple stakeholders, including civil society and government;
Demonstrated leadership, management, strategic thinking, training, and human resources experience;
Able to work effectively and professionally with high-level government officials, CSOs, donors, project staff, and other beneficiaries;
Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated track record of working effectively in a teamwork environment;
Experience with providing technical assistance, including organizing and conducting workshop and trainings; and
Speaking, writing and reading fluency in Amharic required, and English preferred.