Procurement Specialist - Ethiopia
About the role
Crown agents seeks a procurement specialist to work with Regional Directors to identify and win new procurement assignments to assist in delivery of the Department’s annual financial target.
As part of the Global Procurement Team of technical experts, and complying with
all corporate policies and procedures, the jobholder will be required to
undertake the following tasks:
• Work with Regional Directors to win new procurement projects;
• Assist the Director of Procurement to grow a profitable and sustainable
• Provide inputs into marketing and promotion materials;
• Provide technical inputs into Expression of Interests and Bids;
• Deliver technical inputs on specified procurement assignments;
• Act as Project Manager for allocated projects, ensuring:
o Contracted annual financial target is met or exceeded;
o Deliverables are produced on time and to the highest quality;
o Risks are mitigated and managed;
o Client and partner relationships are managed.
• Purchase goods in compliance with Crown Agents’ procedures and
standards of ethical procurement, donor guidelines and end user
requirements Where applicable, the Job Holder shall:
o Undertake all procurement in compliance with Good Distribution
Practice (GDP) in accordance with the provisions of our Wholesale
Distribution Authorisation (Human) (WDA (H)) issued by the
Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
and our United Kingdom Controlled Drug Licence issued by the Home Office;
o Ensure that all procurement is carried out using the relevant
corporate IT system(s) in operation
• A relevant graduate degree, or Equivalent working experience
• Relevant work experience, (procurement experience would be an
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what's on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.