Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary of key responsibilities:
- Project Delivery and Performance
- Monitoring and reporting
- Stakeholder engagement
- Quality assurance
- Knowledge management and innovation
- Personnel Management
You may find more information at https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=20516
- Advanced University Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Development Studies, Supply-Chain Management or other relevant discipline.
- University Degree (bachelor’s degree / first level) with a combination of 2 additional years of relevant professional experience in Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Political/Security/Development Studies, or other relevant discipline, may be accepted in lieu of the advance university degree.
Seven years (or more based on academic credentials) of progressive experience in project development required, with focus on project implementation, partner management, monitoring and reporting.
Experience in procurement management involving purchasing of high-value goods & services for complex projects considered as an asset.
Experience in managing teams and units, particularly in the area of project and/or procurement management, highly desirable.
- PRINCE2® Foundation certification and PRINCE2® Practitioner certification would be an asset, but required completion within first 6 months of onboarding
- CIPS 2 and above and/or other procurement certification highly desirable
- Complete the UNOPS Project Management Foundation course, and UNOPS Procurement Operations Training (within one year after signing this TOR)
- Fluency in written and oral English and Amharic is required.
- Knowledge of other UN official language is advantageous.