Data Analyst and Utilization Specialist
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we dig data. Are you able to ensure the integrity and accessibility of large volumes of data collected and stored in support of the expanding Global Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, & Learning (MERL) Team? If so, you could be our next Data Analyst and Utilization Specialist.
The Global MERL team aims to develop a robust system of measurement, research, and learning designed to drive improvement of the work at Last Mile Health.
In support of this goal, the Data Analyst and Utilization Specialist will work with the Global MERL and Community Health Academy (Academy) teams to develop and implement appropriate and effective monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning designs, with a utilization-focused approach. Specifically, this role will collaborate on clinical education initiatives to deliver educational content to community health workers and frontline health workers in an effort to drive towards global quality improvement in frontline health service delivery. The Data Analyst and Utilization Specialist will also support the synthesis and dissemination of results to ensure effective feedback and use by the range of stakeholders.
This position is open to candidates located in Ethiopia and in the United States (preference to New York City and Boston but other locations may be considered). Candidates must have the ability to work in one of the countries listed above. Please note that our US offices are currently closed due to COVID 19 and all US-based staff are working remotely.
What You'll Do
- In partnership with the Deputy Director, Global MERL, implement a robust MERL framework for the Academy team that ensures the highest data quality and use of data for decision making
- Create accessible, relevant, and timely data dashboards and visualizations to be used by LMH and government partners for strategic decision making
- Design and perform analyses around clinical education initiatives
- Lead implementation of data management, quality assurance, and data cleaning procedures
- Contribute to data collection tool design
- Support LMH’s new country expansions, including a recent launch in Malawi, to implement a robust monitoring and evaluation framework, including overseeing the design, data collection, and analysis
- Participate in the dissemination of results internally and externally including participation in manuscript writing for publication
- Support the design and implementation of program evaluations and higher-level analysis for special projects and implementation research involving LMH work
What You'll Bring
- A masters degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, or a related public health quantitative methods
- Demonstrated experience in the data management and analysis for monitoring and evaluation of health or public health programs
- Ability to independently select and perform the analyses for complicated data sets, including, but not limited to: multivariate logistic regression, missing data imputation, difference-in-differences analysis, principal component analysis, the appropriate weighting of samples, etc.
- Expertise with a statistical software package (Stata preferred) and relational databases (SQL preferred)
- Experience in data visualization (strongly prefer experience with Tableau, Power BI, or other data visualization platforms)
- Experience working across a range of stakeholders and partners, specifically around data use and translating evaluation findings to practice (previous experience with Ministries of Health preferred)
- Experience working with electronic health management information systems (DHIS2, iHRIS, eCHIS, etc.)
- Experience with data quality audits and manuscript writing
You'll Impress Us If
- You have demonstrated success in evaluating online learning, digital health programs, or community health worker training programs
- You have experience in data management and analysis in low-middle income countries
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Ethiopia, Uganda, Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply:
Please submit your application here.