Senior Program Officer - Child Health and Nutrition
Senior Program Officer - Child Health and Nutrition - Nutrition International
Location: Hawassa, SNNPR
Deadline for submission: November 19, 2020
At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 400 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you. Please consider applying for the position below.
Know our team.
Nutrition International’s Operations unit is a dedicated team of program implementation experts who are responsible for contributing to the overall management of NI’s field operations in Asia and Africa.NI implements high impact and low-cost nutrition interventions in Ethiopia. Currently, Nutrition International Ethiopia is seeking applications for Senior Program Officer – Child Health and Nutrition (Lead and Regional Program Coordinator) to be based in Hawassa, SNNPR. Senior Program Officer’s role will be the technical lead for Child survival program (Vitamin A supplementation, VAS and Zinc/ORS interventions) in Ethiopia and to coordinate the planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of integrated regional programs for SNNP Region of Ethiopia.
You will have a master’s degree in Public Health, Reproductive Health, Community Health or Nursing/Midwifery. At least 10 years experience in maternal health, Midwifery, Public Health and/or related field in Ethiopia. At least 5 years experience in supervising Child Survival programs and in the donor-funded program. Experience with micronutrient supplementation programs for expectant mothers is desirable. Experience in budget/grant management and tracking and in advocacy and external relationship management. Training in epidemiology and research methodologies is preferred. Excellent communication and team working skills. Good written and spoken English. Fluency in Amharic.
About the role
In this role you will be:
- Developing country implementation plans for VAS and Zinc/ORS interventions.
- Developing quality monthly, quarterly and annual program and budget performance reports for VAS and Zinc/ORS interventions program.
- Participating on the design of research and evaluation activities for child survival interventions and work closely with researchers and external evaluators to ensure research and evaluations exercises are feasible, responds to project and MoH needs and is disseminated in a timely fashion.
- Providing technical assistance to the Regional Health Bureau in the development of the integrated program proposal to ensure it meets NI’s technical and program standards.
- Representing NI in the Regional Program management committee responsible for oversight of the NI funded integrated nutrition programs to ensure that activities and budgets are implemented as per grant agreement.
- Reviewing program data to ensure timeliness, accuracy and completeness of program data for use in program management and reporting purposes.
- Building and maintaining good collaborative relations with, RHBS, other government agencies, UN agencies, and NGOs, as appropriate to promote information sharing and effective coordination of effort to improve and sustain effective and efficient CBMNH program.
What we offer
A competitive market pay, health benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment. Read more to know more about us Top Employers of National Capital Region 2020.
Selected candidates must have a current legal entitlement to work in Ethiopia. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.
For more detailed information about the role, please click on the attached Job Description. Please click on the Apply button below to submit your application
How to apply:
To apply for this position and for a complete job description, log into https://apply.workable.com/j/17FD889120. Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and CV by November 19, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those chosen to participate in the interview process will be contacted.