Re - Advertising: Food Fortification (FF)/USI Senior Program Officer
Food Fortification (FF)/USI Senior Program Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Deadline for submission: December 03, 2020
At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 400 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you. Please consider applying for the position below
You will have a master’s degree in nutrition, food processing, food system, food and nutrition technology, food engineering and/or related areas. At least 10 years’ experience working in FF/USI programs. At least 5 years’ experience in supervising FF/USI programs and at least 5 years’ experience in donor funded program/project implementation/supervision, monitoring and evaluation. Knowledgeable in results-based management, performance measurement frameworks and program monitoring and donor reporting. Good understanding of fortification industry and nutrition context in Ethiopia. Good written and spoken English and fluent in Amharic.
Know our team
Nutrition International’s Program Operations Unit is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of Nutrition International’s core program interventions including program development, design, planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting, and grant management, including setting annual operational planning, budgeting and review processes. The unit comprises a global team of professionals located in our 10 core countries across Asia, Africa and our headquarters in Ottawa, Canada.Currently, Nutrition International is seeking applications for Food Fortification – Senior Program Officer to be based in In Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. In line with NI’s strategic objectives in Africa, the Food Fortification Senior Program Officer within the Program Operation unit will contribute to improved nutrition in by supporting, integrated and sustainable fortification (including salt iodization) interventions
About the role
In this role you will be:
· Supporting the Deputy Country Director to ensure that the landscape related information for FF and USI programs are regularly updated, analyzed and made available.
· Ensuring project monitoring plans are updated as necessary, timely implemented with the full project monitoring data collected and analyzed and workbooks are timely implemented.
· Developing monthly, quarterly and annual performance (both technical and financial) reports for FF and USI and ensure challenges are identified and recommended corrective actions are timely implemented.
· Ensuring quality of data and programs through supportive supervision and capacity building of implementing government partners.
· Representing NI at FMOH, EFDA and EPHI and health and meetings.
· Keep up to date with developments in FF/USI issues.
· Building and maintaining good collaborative relations with FMOH, EFDA, EPHI and other government agencies, UN agencies, and NGOs, as appropriate to promote information sharing and effective coordination of effort to improve and sustain effective and efficient FF/USI program.
· Participating on the design of research and evaluation activities for FF and USI interventions and work closely with researchers and external evaluators to ensure research and evaluations exercises are feasible.
What we offer
A competitive market pay, health benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment. Read more to know more about us Top Employers of National Capital Region 2020.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.
For more detailed information about the role, please click on the attached Job Description. Please click on the Apply button below to submit your application.
How to apply:
To apply for this position and for a complete job description, log into https://apply.workable.com/j/267DEE2E8F . Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and CV by December 03, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those chosen to participate in the interview process will be contacted.
Note: Those who had applied should not apply