Job Title: Programme Officer/Coordinator
Division/Department: FAO Representation in Ethiopia (FRETH)
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Expected Start Date of Assignment: December 2020
Duration: 11 months
Minimum requirement: 3 years of experience and previous experience in coordination, fluency in English is required.
Should you be interested, please submit your updated PHF/P11 and also indicate your earliest availability date.
Submission deadline by Sunday 29 November (GMT+1).
Tasks and responsibilities
- Provides substantive support for policy coordination and evaluation functions, including the review and analysis of emerging development issues and trends, participation in impact evaluation or equivalent studies
- Carries out basic research on selected aspects of programmes, operations and other activities
- Provides substantive support for policy coordination and evaluation functions, including the review, analyses and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares preliminary conclusions
- Assists in the implementation and management of projects/programmes
- Provide technical and managerial supervision to staff assigned to him/her
- Undertakes outreach activities; participates in and makes presentations on assigned topics/activities
- Participates in field missions, including provision of substantive support, data collection
- Coordinates with national/local authorities, state institutions, local civil society and other relevant actors
- Establishes and maintains appropriate humanitarian coordination mechanisms
- Ensures appropriate attention to priority crosscutting and cross-sectorial issues (e.g. gender, protection, environment, age, human rights, etc.)
- Coordinates needs assessments, analysis, advocacy messages
- Harmonizes response and targeting approaches
- Undertakes advocacy and resource mobilization
- Performs any other task, as requested by the supervisor
The ATF coordinator will work impartially with all members of the ATF, serving and representing the group as a whole. She/he will work closely with the UN Humanitarian/Resident Coordinator or their designated official as required.
- University degree in political science, international relations, agriculture, economics or related fields
- Professional experience in humanitarian response
- Three years of relevant experience in project or programme management, international cooperation or related area
- Excellent knowledge of English, spoken and in writing
How to apply:
For more detailed TORs and to apply, please go to: https://fscluster.org/document/coordinator-agriculture-cluster