Business Development and Reporting Lead
Action Against Hunger-USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water, sanitation and hygiene, and food security and livelihood. Action Against Hunger-USA, an independent NGO, currently manages operations in 8 countries: Kenya, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Haiti and Somalia. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $50 million in programs, and approximately 1,700 staff based in in the various country offices, Head Quarter in New York City and Operational Centre in Nairobi. Additional growth is anticipated.
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by...
identifying new funding opportunities to broaden the breadth and scope of Ethiopia Country Office services and programs going beyond established models. Expand the development and resilience portfolio by identifying and mobilizing resources, and leading the design of new long-term programs including Private Public Partnerships in collaboration with the Business Development teams in the US and Nairobi Regional Office.
Key activities in your role will include:
- Assist in seeking and tracking donor intelligence on prospective new opportunities or partnerships, particularly for long-term funding opportunities.
- Coordinate closely with the Country Director to cultivate relationships with potential partners for strategic funding opportunities.
- Proactively engage with donors, initiate informational meetings, and collaborate at relevant meetings as a representative of Action Against Hunger.
- Draft and/or solicit proposals and concept notes by identifying new opportunities, studying calls for proposals, and sharing information with relevant sector teams.
- Facilitate horizontal development of proposals or bids, coordinating with all relevant departments in Ethiopia, the Nairobi Regional Office and the US HQ.
- Ensure coordination between operations and technical advisors, ensuring that proposals are both technically sound as well as realistically implementable.
- Work closely with the Finance Department to ensure the alignment of budgets, implementation plans, budget narrative sand technical narrative sections of all proposals.
- Work closely with the field operations and technical teams to ensure quality proposals and compliance with technical guidelines and protocols.
- Check that all concept notes and proposals follow the internal procedures and are compliant with internal and donor standards, including the latest donor formats.
- Support the Grants Management team with quality control of donor reports**.**
Do you meet the required criteria?
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in political science, development studies or related academic field.
- You have at least 5 years of related experience in an INGO or similar environment including experience with developing emergency and resilience-building programs
- You have experience in at least one of Action Against Hunger’s core technical sectors: Nutrition and Health, WASH, Food Security and Livelihoods in development and/or emergencies.
- You have demonstrable experience in writing winning proposals for donors including USAID, DFID, CBPF, BPRM, WFP, UNHCR, SIDA,GAC, UNICEF, and EU/ECHO.
- You are familiar with project design methods and tools (including theory of change, logical framework, work plans etc.) and a strong appreciation for local and international partnerships as part of project development.
- You have good analytical skills with the ability to positively influence cross departmental and cross-sector collaboration.
- You are results orientated, with the ability to meet deadlines and produce high-quality products.
- You have strong cultural awareness and the ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- You are highly organized, detail-oriented and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- You are fluent in English (business level), both verbal and written.
- You are Knowledgeable of Amharic language is an added advantage.
Our Core values.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate Action Against Hunger’s five core values
Respect- we work with compassion and dedication, treating everyone the same way we expect them to treat us.
Integrity-: we believe that being honest and fair is integral to every aspect of our work. conducting our work with a spirit of sincerity, truthfulness and transparency is imperative.
Creativity-we encourage new ideas, embrace innovative solutions, and create opportunities for meaningful and exciting ways to do our jobs and provide solutions to address the needs of the populations we serve.
Excellence- we strive to provide services that meet and even exceed the expectations of our stakeholders (populations in need, staff, communities and donors).
Empowerment- we are committed to fostering an environment in which our staff, partners and communities where we work have the space to grow, develop and feel confident about participating.
Gender Equality Commitments
- Ability to foster an environment that reinforces values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, boys, and girls regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion. race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect for all cultures.
- Promote and uphold the PSEA policy and procedure.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: -
- Health Insurance
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
How to apply:
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the link below.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated resume and both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. Closing date for applications: 27th November 2020.