Adaptive Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation Director
Recognized as a leader in the fight against malnutrition, Action Against Hunger saves the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger. With 40 years of expertise in emergency situations of conflict, natural disaster, and chronic food insecurity, we run lifesaving programs in more than 45 countries. Our 7,500+ professionals work to carry out innovative programs that reached more than 21 million people last year.
Action Against Hunger – USA seeks an experienced Adaptive Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation Director for the anticipated USAID/Ethiopia Empowered Communities for Better Health (ECBH) program. Under this anticipated program, USAID/Ethiopia aims to “*empower communities to take ownership and action over their health and nutrition and drive a cycle of accountable and responsive health service delivery.”*
Reporting to the Chief of Party (COP), the Adaptive Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation Director will design, build and manage the project’s overall M&E system, tracking all progress made towards meeting program results, objectives , and targets, including impacts on access, retention, reading and learning outcomes, community engagement, gender, and disability-inclusive measures, ensuring that they are being consistently and systematically tracked using appropriate indicators and reported. In this capacity, s/he will manage and coordinate all field-based activities and M&E staff and ensure that performance monitoring, action research, and evaluations are consistent with program results and compliant with USAID/Ethiopia guidelines.
This position is contingent upon award and will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Coordinate and manage all research, learning, monitoring and evaluation tasks, and deliverables for the project; including baselines, mid-term and final evaluations.
- Harmonize learning, monitoring and evaluation data collection and reporting systems with USAID policies and health and nutrition outcome indicators.
- Monitor and report on activities required to communicate program results and improve implementation, which includes establishing systems to gather, report and analyze performance data for impact and sustainability of project implementation; overseeing data collection processes as required within the project’s parameters; developing documentation of best practices, lessons learned, case studies and facilitating the use of data to drive program design and decision making.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual progress reports on the status of project implementation; contribute to other project reports such as annual work plans. Review and update the project’s M&E plan on an on-going basis.
- Master’s Degree in international development, economics, statistics, research methods, political science, public policy, social science, or a related field.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience designing, monitoring, and evaluating programs, preferably USAID projects in the health sector.
- Must have demonstrated success and experience in monitoring results and indicators of health outcomes, quality health services, learning outcomes, access, retention, and community engagement.
- Strong knowledge of USAID rules and regulations around monitoring and evaluation.
- Exceptional technical skills in data analysis and management, M&E, survey design, mapping and/or assessment required.
- Additional skills required for the position include: proficiency in Excel, Word, and other MS Office software; data visualization software (such as PowerBi, Tableau and applications utilizing GPS capabilities), data management and analysis software (such as DevResults, GIS, SPSS or Stata).
- Fluency in English (oral, writing, and reading).
- Ability to reside and work in Ethiopia full time.
- Travel within Ethiopia and internationally.
Action Against Hunger-USA provides all staff with an attractive salary & benefits package. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Action Against Hunger-USA complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
How to apply:
To apply please visit: https://apply.workable.com/j/B388793405