WRI-Local Scoping Consultant – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Assignment, Ethiopia
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) assignment in Ethiopia.
Position Description/Summary: This assignment will work to address sanitation and water service provision challenges in Ethiopia, with a focus on urban centers (Addis Ababa, secondary cities). It will focus on private sector engagement, sanitation and water infrastructure strengthening, and gender and social inclusion. The Ethiopia-based short-term consultant will support information gathering through stakeholder meetings (virtual and/or in-person, as is deemed safe), desk research, and other independent research and reporting as assigned.
* Support technical information gathering and analysis related to current and past donor projects related to sanitation (urban), as well as water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) service delivery, WASH systems and governance, WASH finance (private, public), water utilities performance, gender and social inclusion (WASH-specific), water infrastructure, sanitation infrastructure, water for agriculture;
* Identify and facilitate meetings and interviews with relevant stakeholders, key experts, informants, and potential reputable partners who could work with Tetra Tech during project implementation; and
* Prepare written summaries of all meetings and interviews, provide written and oral technical input through reoccurring check-in calls, and prepare a concise analytical report outlining key findings and opportunities associated with urban sanitation in Ethiopia.
* Bachelor’s Degree in related field, Master’s Degree highly preferred
* At least five (5) years of technical experience in WASH service provision, with preference for recent experience in Ethiopia specifically
* Experienced in WASH service provision, WASH systems and governance, WASH finance, water and sanitation infrastructure etc.
* Professional fluency in English and Amharic required
* Please note that only candidates currently residing in Ethiopia will be considered for this position.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Reference List of three (3) professional references
* Writing Sample (in English) – must be sole authorship, maximum 10 pages
How to apply:
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/EthiopiaWASHConsultant
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.