Senior Advocacy Advisor (MPoA Project)
IPPFARO secured a grant aimed to support the African Union’s effort to mobilise member states implementation of the 2016 – 2030 Maputo Plan of Action. The three year project (March 2018 – February 2021) places emphasis on countries, particularly those whose abortion policies were favourable but implementation was a challenge (Kenya and Sierra Leone) and those whose policies needed to change (Cote d’Ivoire, Malawi, Morocco and Senegal).
As the project is nearing its completion, IPPFAR through its Sub-Office to the African Union is seeking to recruit, on a short contract basis (4 Months), a Senior Advocacy Advisor to lead the tail-end events as well as the closeout phase.
The overall responsibility of this assignment will be to ensure a smooth coordination of the closeout phase and the development of the final project report, working in close consultation with the Head of Office.
- S/he engages in the complete closeout phase of the project, taking stock and developing a matrix of all components to ensure a smooth closure.
- Facilitates the rapid and effective implementation of all outstanding activities to ensure compliance to the set closing deadline.
- Coordinates and provides leadership support to all internally based technical activities in the closeout phase.
- Facilitates the formal communication to all advocacy champions and stakeholders involved in the project about the imminent end/closure..
- Reviews final abortion policy analysis, recommendations, policy briefs and the dissemination thereof, to partners and stakeholders.
- Provides technical guidance on monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and documentation of project results to inform the final project report.
- Where possible, may assist to mobilise resources for the replication of the same project.
- Exercises high degree of accountability – ensuring timely preparation and validation of the final project programmatic and financial report.
- S/he embraces safeguarding as well as all other organisational policies.
- Undertakes any other duties as may be requested by the Head of Office.
D. Operational Languages
English and French are the working languages of IPPFARO. For this post fluency in English and French (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage.
Analyse and compile the final project report based on the outcomes. Clearly details best practices and lessons learnt.
F. Contract Period
This short-term contract is valid for the period 1 November 2020 to February 2021.
G. Expected Profile of Consultant
The aspiring candidates should have an MA Degree in social sciences, public health/policy, international relations, communications and/or other related fields.
A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in political and policy advocacy and/or communications. Knowledge of the African Union and UN systems, Regional Economic Communities (RECs), Member State/Intergovernmental processes. The candidate should have a demonstrated strength and experience providing technical assistance, writing high quality technical reports, and policy briefs targeted towards decision makers.
H. Terms and Conditions
Candidates selected for this position will be expected to finalise the tasks indicated above and submit the final activity report and the project closure report on 15 February 2021.
How to apply:
For more details on the job description and on how to apply please visit https://www.ippfar.org/jobs
IPPF offers a wide range of benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications are particularly encouraged from women, people living with disabilities, people living with HIV and minorities.