Occupation Safety and Health (OSH) Experts (Ethiopian Nationals/Local Institutions Only)
Request for Expression of Interest
Occupation Safety and Health (OSH) Experts
(Ethiopian Nationals/Local Institutions Only)
ILO Training Opportunity from International Labour Organization
— Closing date: 4th November 2020, midnight Addis Ababa time.
The International Labour Organization (the ILO) is a U.N. agency committed to bringing together governments, employers and workers of 187 member States, to set labour standards, develop policies and devise programmes promoting decent work for all women and men. Since the early 1950s, the ILO has been providing technical cooperation to countries on all continents and at all stages of economic development. Projects are implemented through close cooperation between recipient countries, donors, and the ILO, which maintains a network of country offices worldwide.
Advancing Decent Work and Inclusive Industrialization in Ethiopia Programme is a comprehensive and coordinated ILO response to a need expressed by the Ethiopian constituents and other key industry stakeholders to advance decent work and inclusive industrialization in key priority sectors identified in the Second Ethiopian Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP II). One of the key components of the Programme is SCORE (Sustainable, Competitive and Responsible Enterprises) intervention. SCORE aims to improve overall enterprise productivity, working conditions and competitiveness of factories in Ethiopia. Its main interventions are the demand driven training and in-factory advisory services.
To build capacity of Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) experts who will train Trainers as well as provide advisory services factories to ensure decent working conditions.
The SCORE delivery mechanism is a three-tier process:
· The ILO trains OSH Experts through a Training of Expert Trainer process
· These Experts then train and supervise Trainers
· Trainers directly train and offer advisory services to enterprises
Upon successful completion of the Training of Expert Trainer process and supervision of Trainers, the ILO will certify the Expert Trainer candidates.
4. Expert Trainer Responsibilities
Among others, the Experts shall undertake the following:
· Participate in the Training of Expert Trainers organized by the ILO
· Participate in the selection of Trainer Candidates if requested by the ILO
· Facilitate a Training of Trainers workshop online (or face to face, depending on the situation)
· Supervise Trainer Candidates when they conduct Training of Enterprises (2 day theory training, followed by 3-4 consulting actions per factory)
· Measure and document impact of training and consulting services in enterprises.
This is not a staff position vacancy for the ILO. The Expert Trainer will act as a consultant to deliver the above tasks on his/her own to get the certification.
5. Educational background and required skills
- Knowledge and at least five years of experience of management or consulting in the following areas:
Ø Occupational safety and health management systems
Ø Risk assessments including investigation and prevention of accidents and occupational diseases
Ø National OSH regulations and safety standards/international best practice
· Demonstrated experience in conducting OSH related inspections
· Capacity to persuade staff at all levels to make changes and to communicate technical information in a simple and clear way
· High level of analytic capacity. Including capacity to collect, analyse and interpret data, and to identify key problems within workplaces
· Problem solving skills and systematic approach to problem-solving
· High level of competence in word and excel
· Capacity to sell Occupational Safety and Health Training to enterprises
· Effective at training adults. Including strong presentation and facilitation skills
· Ability to work and communicate in English and the local language
· High level management experience in factories and experience of managing change in organizations
· Experience in textile/apparel, leather, horticulture or related sector
- Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or in a related scientific or technical field.
6. Supervision and Reporting
The Expert Trainer Candidates will work under the supervision of the ILO SCORE technical team based in Ethiopia and Geneva.
How to apply:
7. How to apply
· Please apply by 4th November 2020, midnight Addis Ababa time.
· Short-listed consultants shall be notified on the next steps
· Fill out the Trainer Profile Form and email the form AND your CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org