Food Fortification Program Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Deadline for submission: October 30 2020
At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 400 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you. Please consider applying for the position below.
Know our team
Nutrition International (NI) formerly Micronutrient Initiative, is a Canadian based International Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) dedicated to improving the health and nutrition of mothers, children and adolescents. NI implements high impact and low-cost nutrition interventions in Ethiopia. The vision of NI is a world where everyone, everywhere is free from malnutrition and able to reach their full potential. Currently, Nutrition International is seeking applications for Food Fortification Program Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
You will have a master’s degree in nutrition, food science, food system and public health. At least 5 years’ experience in FF/USI programs and at least 3 years’ experience in donor funded program/project implementation/supervision, monitoring and evaluation. Knowledgeable in results-based management, performance measurement frameworks and program monitoring and donor reporting. Good understanding of fortification industry and nutrition context in Ethiopia. Good written and spoken English and fluent in Amharic.
About the role
In this role you will be:
- Supporting the Deputy Country Director to ensure that the landscape analysis for FF and USI programs are regularly updated and available.
- Ensuring data monitoring plans are timely implemented, project monitoring data is collected, the data workbooks and dashboards are regularly updated.
- Developing monthly, quarterly and annual performance monitoring (both technical and financial) reports for FF and USI and ensure challenges are identified and recommended corrective actions are timely implemented.
- Ensuring quality of data and programs through supportive supervision and capacity building of implementing government partners.
- Representing NI at national TWGs at FMOH, EFDA and EPHI and health and cluster meetings.
- Promoting fortification among policy makers and the community.
- Building and maintaining good collaborative relations with FmOH, EFDA, EPHI and other government agencies, UN agencies, and NGOs, as appropriate to promote information sharing and effective coordination of effort to improve and sustain effective and efficient FF/USI program.
- Participating on the design of research and evaluation activities for FF and USI interventions and work closely with researchers and external evaluators to ensure research and evaluations exercises are feasible.
What we offer
A competitive market pay, health and dental benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment. Read more to know more about us Top Employers of National Capital Region 2020.
This contract is up to November 2022 position with a possibility of extension subject to funds availability and other factors. Selected candidates must have current legal entitlement to work in Ethiopia. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.
For more detailed information about the role, please click on the attached Job Description .
How to apply:
To apply for this position and for a complete job description, log into https://apply.workable.com/j/7B7C25F29B. Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and CV by October 30, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those chosen to participate in the interview process will be contacted.