REGIONAL HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP, MANAGEMENT & GOVERNANCE OFFICERS-JOB ID:13-11085
The Regional HRM and LMG Officers will provide management and oversight for the establishment and strengthening of governance structures, policies, procedures and practices for effective human resources management at Regional Health Bureau (RHB), Zonal Health Department (ZHD), Woreda Health Office (WoHO) and health facilities in Ethiopia.
The ideal candidates will have technical expertise and prior experience in program management or HRH program implementation, and more specifically, human resources management (HRM), experience working with health management structures of the Government of Ethiopia and other key stakeholders; leading teams, communicating and networking, completing deliverables on time, and achieving results.
Under the guidance and leadership of the Senior HRH Management Advisor and the HRM and LMG Management Advisors, the key responsibilities will include;
· Supporting implementation of regional and local approaches for and capacity building on health workforce planning and long term forecasting of HR needs
· Institutionalizing use of the Workload Indicators of Staffing Need (WISN) Tool at facility level for workforce planning
· Implementing innovative deployment, motivation, and retention schemes that address workforce shortages and high turnover rates, including gender-related challenges in the system
· Supporting implementation of a health sector performance-based evaluation system, including the Balanced Score Card for regional and local governments and facilities
· Assisting in the roll-out of the strategy for workforce deployment during national emergencies and humanitarian crises
· Supporting the institutionalization of policies and procedures related to emergency management
· Coordinating training of regional and local HRM staff to participate in relevant virtual training courses related to HRH and emergency response in the health sector
· Strengthening leadership, governance, and management capacity and functions at regional and Woreda levels
· Liaising with existing implementing partners and coordinating bodies on the ground to support HRH activities
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate should have; Postgraduate Degree in public health, international development, public administration, management, social sciences or a related discipline. Atleast 7 years of experience in implementing HRH Management and quality improvement programs, providing HRH and leadership and management training with regional, zonal, and district health offices and providing technical assistance to RHBs staff working on Human Resource for Health.
S/he should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to build synergies across technical disciplines, leverage private sector resources, and nurture innovative alliances and understanding of USAID administrative procedures and requirements. Fluency in Amharic, is an added advantage. Please note that proficiency in written and spoken English is a MUST for all positions.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
To access full position description and to apply visit https://msh.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/External/job/Ethiopia-Amhara-Bahir-Dar/Regional-Human-Resources-for-Health-Advisors---11-Positions_13-11085-1 NO LATER THAN September 22 2020. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability.