Disaster Risk Management Program Coordinator Ethiopia
In support of the US Forest Service Office of International Programs (USFS), Management and Engineering Technologies International, Inc (METI) may seek one full-time program coordinator to manage and oversee a disaster risk management program in Ethiopia for two years. This skills search outlines activities and objectives for a potential full-time program coordinator position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide oversight to and hands-on support for project implementation including engaging diverse stakeholders, coordination, empowering government of Ethiopia partners, and tracking and managing day to day activities;
- Provide reporting and program implementation information on a regular basis to USFS/IP Washington, USAID/Ethiopia, and local partners;
- Finalize work plans, budgets, and monitoring and evaluation frameworks;
- Supervise a team of personnel and identify short-term consultants as needed to implement technical program activities within Ethiopia;
- Collaborate closely with development assistance partners in Ethiopia working on disaster risk management to ensure this program leverages resources and coordinates with other partners;
- Lead program implementation and overall in-country management, ensuring the program considers political and cultural aspects of the Ethiopian context;
- Maintain effective relationships with the leadership of relevant disaster management organizations.
· Experience managing USAID or US Government-funded projects in Ethiopia;
· Experience managing a team of staff;
· Prior experience with US and Ethiopian disaster management, humanitarian principles or programs desired;
· Excellent communication, diplomacy and interpersonal skills;
· Proven ability to work well with multi-level stakeholders;
· Familiarity with donor reporting, indicators, and monitoring and evaluation;
· Professional written and spoken proficiency in English and Amharic required;
· Strong ability to work independently while maintaining productivity;
· Excellent organizational skills; product and client-oriented;
Position Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with local travel in support of project activities.
· If a qualified applicant is located, the individual would be hired through a contractor.
How to apply:
Please email your resume or CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by September 30, 2020. Please include “Ethiopia Disaster Risk Management Program Coordinator” in the subject line. In the body of the email, please indicate where you saw this posting.