Responsible for coordinating in-country Polio Emergency Operation Centres(EOC) community engagement work , volunteer management and support
Programme Delivery: People Management
* Support in-country volunteer planning and support recruitment of a high performing team of national and community volunteers.
* Manage national volunteer performance, ensuring compliance with VSO policy, process and procedure.
* Develop and maintain monitoring tools to ensure that the resourcing framework and minimum standards are adhered to.
* Ensuring volunteer emergencies are managed efficiently
The overall objective will be to provide technical support to program implementation, with the following specific deliverables
* Provide a key co-ordination and implementation role, ensuring project management standards are followed and deadlines met.
* Ensure project outcomes are of high quality, within budget and scope and delivered in a timely manner.
* Establishing beneficial partnerships with communities and strengthen access to and utilization of polio immunisation services
* Understanding and mapping community and its needs to inform action planning
* Ensure national volunteers are coach/trained to maintain knowledge and skills, and are informed of, and supported to adapt to our core approaches as well as changes on methodology, process or content.
Stakeholder Engagement, Management and Communications
* Be the focal person to coordinate the work of and maintain strong relationships to ensure that project activities advance in a smooth and timely manner.
* Build effective working relationships with project stakeholders, engaging them at each project stage, ensuring communications have appropriate content and tone.
* Ensure organizational communications about project benefits, progress and outcomes suit audience and are timely.
* Anticipate project risks and issues, communicating them to stakeholders and take action to resolve issues.
* Create a lifelong relationship and engagement of volunteers with VSO and with their communities and governments.
* Accountable and responsible for maintaining effective engagement and professional ways of working with our VSO