2021 Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships
The application process is now open for the 2021 Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships Programme*. In 2021, the Mo Ibrahim Foundation is offering a Fellowship at the Executive Management office of the UN Economic Commission for Africa in Addis Ababa and the International Trade Centre in Geneva.
Each Fellowship is for a 12-month period and open to young professionals, mid-career and new executives up to the age of 40 or 45 for women with children and includes an annual stipend of $100,000.
The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships form a selective programme designed to mentor future African leaders.
- National of an African country
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience
- Master’s degree
- under the age of 40, or 45 for women with children
- any additional criteria as set by the host.
***Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the 2020 African Development Bank Fellowship has been deferred to 2021, therefore this institution will not be recruiting a new Fellow for 2021.
Duties and responsibilities to be undertaken by each Fellow will be determined by the hosting institution.These responsibilities may include the following.
- Advising on and developing strategic initiatives
- Carrying out applicable research as required
- Supporting programmatic and administrative functions
How to apply:
Applications closes on 14 October 2020.
For more information about the Fellowship programme,detailed scope of work, eligibility and application process please visit: http://mif.media/2021-rw