Zonal Program Advisor, ACT EAST
· Help us end avoidable blindness in Ethiopia
· Assist us to strengthen local health systems
· A new country strategy built on true partnerships
· positions based in West Haraghe.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is one of Australia’s most respected and trusted international development organisations whose vision is to end avoidable blindness and ensure the work of Fred Hollows lives on.
Ethiopia is one of The Foundations largest funded programs, focused on the Elimination of Trachoma. Up until now our program has focused on the complex and direct delivery of services to help those in need. With strong foundations in place, we are now looking to enter into a new phase of our programming building on the work that we have already done.
In line with the priorities of the New Global Strategy, the next phase of our program will see us moving towards a system strengthening approach ensuring the work that we do, is sustainable and integrated within the local health systems. Moving forward we will focus on the following key areas;
· Support and Strengthen the health systems – integrating trachoma into broader eye health services
· New Comprehensive Eye Care Programs (cataract, diabetic retinopathy, Uncorrected Refractive Error (URE) and trachoma)
· Sustainability - through increased investment and support we will work hand in hand with local governments
About the Position
Reporting to the Project Coordinator -Act East, the Zonal Program Advisor- Act East oversees the Act East program and other NTD program activities in the zones. Working closely with the zonal health department and woreda health offices in the zones to strengthen the implementation of the World Health Organisation (WHO) endorsed Surgery, Antibiotics, Facial cleanliness and Environmental improvements (SAFE) strategy for the elimination of blinding trachoma as well as other NTDs.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Program Implementation, Technical Assistance, Capacity building and Partnership
· Program Quality Assurance
· Financial and resource Management
About You! To be successful in this role, we are seeking someone with the following experience and skills.
· Minimum of five years of relevant experience in public health, eye care or disease prevention and control programs.
· Minimum of First Degree in Public Health/Nursing/Ophthalmic Officer or related fields from a recognized institution.
· Previous experience of working in trachoma intervention particularly MDA program coordination.
- Strong program management skills.
- Knowledge of recent national health policy issues
- Proven ability to deal with various regional stakeholders
- Strong communication skills including fluency in written and spoken English and Afan Oromo and the ability to write effectively for varied purposes and audiences;
· Strong conceptual and analytical skills to be able to develop new initiatives, identify critical issues, build capacity and standardize processes.
This position is based in the Zonal Health Department and is required to travel extensively to the project in woredas
How to apply:
To apply for the position kindly visit the careers page through http://www.hollows.org/au/careers/current-vacancies.
Your application should include your resume and cover letter addressing all areas expressed in the ‘experience, skills & attributes’ section of the Role Purpose
Alternatively, if you would like further information please contact HR Manager Ethiopia, Daniel Jirane via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. CV’s sent to this address shall not be considered.
Applications close: 4th September 2020