LOGISTICS ASSISTANT; DOLLOW, ETHIOPIA
JOB OPPORTUNITY: LOGISTICS ASSISTANT
Position: Logistics Assistant
Contract duration: Fixed Term
Location: Dollow, Ethiopia
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Logistics Assistant Position in Dollow, Ethiopia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Logistics Officer & Finance Officer, the Logistics Assistant ensures that s/he performs transparent and efficient FLAT activities for ACTED programmes in Dolo, Liben zone.
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Stock/Warehouse Management:
· Ensure all commodities and goods are well organized in the stock by project/program
· Ensure all commodities and goods have stock cards and registered in “Stock Situation Report”;
· Ensure all commodities for stock commodities IN/OUT have “Stock Request” form, “Waybill or Reception Voucher” and properly recorded in “Stock Cards” and “Stock Situation Report”;
· Ensure the tidiness and well protection of goods/commodities in stock and monthly stock inspection form is filled in by (non-logistic member) regularly;
· Ensure the safety and security of stock/Warehouse and ACTED commodities/goods within stock; - check the fire extinguishers are in working condition in stock, control the entrance and exit door locks etc.)
· The Logistic assistant is assisting the team in all procurements for ACTED in Dollo and his key responsibilities listed but not limited below:
ü To receive Order form – cross check the items and ensure the OF (Order Form) is filled with clear descriptions, delivery timeline, delivery location as well as the budget has validated by Finance;
ü To ensure to respect ACTED procurement procedures for each purchase
ü To find and Prepare the list of successful suppliers
ü To ensure fair and transparent selection of suppliers in each procurement;
ü To prepare procurement memo, contracts, purchase orders based on fair and transparent negotiation with suppliers/contractors;
ü To follow with Finance on weekly basis contract follow up (CFU) to ensure all procurement contracts under scenario (C, D and E) is registered and recorded
ü Collecting quotations from potential supplier
ü Updating the status of the orders with the Order Follow Up (OFU)
3. Delivery Follow up
· To ensure all procurement has been followed by delivery follow up (waybills, reception vouchers and packing list).
· To follow with field to send the signed waybill, reception vouchers and packing list after delivery IMMEDIATELY.
· To attach and file each delivery forms (waybill, reception voucher and packing list) with each relevant purchase documents in designated folder.
· To ensure the received quantity in the waybill(s) corresponds with the purchase documents and Order Form (OF)
a. Logistic Folders :
ü To create and update regularly the procurement folders for each ongoing programs based on purchase scenarios (e.g. 1 folder for all Scenario A and B and one folder for all Scenario C, D and E)
ü To create and or update the Order form follow up folders (open order form to be placed in this folder)
ü To update the procurement folders regularly and ensure that all procurement documents are collected with high attention on transparency and ACTED Finance, Logistics, Admin, Transparency (FLAT) guidelines
*b.** FLAT Folder :
ü To provide all scenario “C”, “D” and “E” purchase documents original copies to FLAT focal point immediately after signing the contract with selected supplier(s)
ü To provide delivery documents for Scenario “C”,” D” and “E” (delivery follow ups, waybills, reception vouchers or packing list) for each delivered contract to FLAT focal point immediately after delivery completion;
ü Communicate on weekly basis with FLAT focal point in Capital office to review the CFU and handover the FLAT/logistic documents as per CFU;
ü Collect and archive all receipts
ü Help to collect monthly attendance sheets and forward to the HR Focal Point in the Capital office
ü Help to collect Security Clearance Requests and Trip Packs and store them accordingly
5. Support in Fleet management
· Make separate binders for each vehicle and then file all necessary documents (i.e. copy of rental car contract, copy of fuel slips, with all bills and documents, car monthly log book, fuel consumption follows up, accident form with attached documents etc.
· Create a binder for all vehicle fuel consumption report;
· Ensure all vehicles are in good condition and ready for use;
· Organize the driver duty schedule and ensure the movement of board is filled in regularly
· Follow up of staff movement between area and sub offices and Area and capital offices;
· Supervise the fuel consumption of each car and report directly to
· Provide the monthly report to Capital logistic and file copy of fuel consumption report in “Transport follow up” binder.
· Support in Asset management
· Make sure assets are managed appropriate
· Keep asset register updated
· Communicate timely asset needs
· Perform other tasks as requested by ACTED Management
6. Additional Tasks for Finance, Admin & Security
Support Management of Acted Flats Process:
ü Review financial documents from field exercises prior to submission to finance and Logistics.
ü Assist in timely submission of the ACTED programme cash forecasts so as to enable availability of funds from the finance department in the absence of the Finance Officer.
ü Support to ensuring the timely submission of administrative paperwork such as attendance sheets and leave requests for ACTED staff through the appropriate channels.
ü Support in collecting and compiling all the HR documents such as leave request, timesheets, log books, ensuring they are filed both in hard and soft copy, and shared with ACTED HR in Hargeisa/Nairobi.
ü Liaise with other bases to support with HR documentation and processes.
7. Support for Field Operations:
· The Assistant will, when needed, deploy to field operating locations to support ACTED activities. This will include, but not be limited to:
ü Support in-field procurement
ü Transport of cash, payment of wages for casual labourers if required
ü Supporting in other FLAT processes
· Act as security focal point for assigned sub-office
· Supervise implementation of security policies and plans at sub-office level
· Disseminate security information from ACTED security chain to staff
· Report any security incidents to Security Officer – Hargeisa
· Ensure first aid and fire safety equipment is provided and maintained in accordance with ACTED standards
9. Other Tasks:
· The Logistics Assistant will participate in other, undefined tasks that are necessary to support the Acted mission in Ethiopia. This will potentially include translation and liaising with local government officials.
· Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labors).
10. Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
· The staff member is responsible for ensuring that all relations with the communities we work with are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner.
· Due attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about ACTED programme objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies.
· Bachelor degree in purchasing Supply Management or Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS, UK) or higher national diploma in store, logistics management or equivalent.
· At least 3 years’ relevant experience in procurement and logistics management in INGOs.
· High level of integrity, commitment and professional responsibility
· Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
· Computer literate and with excellent IT Knowledge.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels,
· Ability to work efficiently under pressure
· Ability to work in an unstable security environment moving
· Ability to work independently and creatively about the land and capital
· Ability to translate between local languages and English
· Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience an asset
· Fluent in oral and written English
How to apply:
Qualified national persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00PM on 20th August 2020 with the subject line “LOGISTICS ASSISTANT”
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.