Chief of party | Africa | 2020
Chemonics seeks chief of party candidates for several anticipated USAID-funded Sub-Saharan Africa Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) projects in Tanzania, Zambia, Mozambique, and Ethiopia. These programs will expand and sustain the provision and governance of WASH services in multiple countries in the region through increasing access to sustainable WASH services, increasing overall sector governance, increasing adoption of key WASH behaviors, and strengthening the market for WASH products and services. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall direction, leadership, and management of the project to ensure seamless program implementation
- Provide overall technical leadership to strengthen sanitation and hygiene markets and scale sustainable models of water service delivery
- Ensure program compliance with all USAID rules and regulations, contract requirements, and Chemonics policies and systems
- Liaise with and maintain effective working relations with senior host government stakeholders, international organizations, NGOs, private sector civil society, and U.S. Government Agencies
- Communicate clear expectations to program staff and establish an operating climate on the program that encourages integrity, honesty, open communications, and commitment to compliance with local laws, USAID rules and regulations and Chemonics’ policies and procedures
- Provide general oversight of the program, including overall responsibility for the program management, strategic vision, fiscal integrity, quality and timing of deliverables, and coordination with partners
- Advanced degree in engineering, public policy, public administration, economics, water and natural resource management, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in a related field
- A minimum of 10 years of senior-level management experience in the design, implementation, and management of experience working in donor-funded (USAID preferred) WASH, infrastructure and financing, or utility reform programs, or in other related fields in an international context; and demonstrated progression of responsibility increasing over time
- Strong working relationship with the relevant governments and ministries in the region; strong ability to manage and deal with diverse stakeholders
- Experience with gender and youth integration in project implementation preferred
- Proven record of building teams and fostering collaboration to achieve program goals, meet program milestones, and produce quality program results
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills required; proficiency in other regional languages, including but not limited to Swahili, Portuguese, or Amharic preferred
- Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa strongly preferred
How to apply:
Please upload your CV, cover letter, and answer all questions here by August 31, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.