General field Coordinator
Job Description - General Field Coordinator
General Field Coordinator
Project Associate / Operational Manager
Project duration 5 months between August 2020- December 2020
3-5 years of research experience with strong field level coordination and stakeholder management skills
Bachelor’s degree related to Accounting, economics, statistics, or other relevant discipline with relevant professional experience.
Various Zones/Woreda in Oromia, Sidama and Gedio Zone
Excellent verbal and written proficiency in English and Amharic and any one of the local languages Afan Oromo, Gede’uffa, Sidamu’ Afoo….
Insights consults is an independent, full-service management and research firm legally registered in Ethiopia to deliver an array of research and business consulting services to a wide range of government, non-government and commercial companies. We, at Insights Consults, help organizations in setting up baseline data that supports them as an input in program design. We also assist organizations in performance measurement and evaluation of Program and campaigns, conduct surveys, and design and assessment of Monitoring and evaluation systems.
Insight’s is looking for brilliant and highly-motivated experienced people to assist with our fieldwork activities in Oromia, Sidama and Gedio Regions. Final location will be finalized depending on place of residence and language ability of applicants. Successful candidates will be added to our database and be contacted for further screening.
The main role of General Field Coordinator is coordinating, monitoring and supervising Field coordinators, ensuring that the field operations is running smoothly, maintain stakeholder’s relationship, efficiently utilize field expenses, and manage company resources properly. In addition, the General Field Coordinator will be responsible for creating a safe and friendly working environment, providing leadership & logistics support and maintaining quality of work throughout the project.
Ideal candidates must be excellent communicators both in Amharic and English, have exceptional interpersonal skills, should be team players who are able to effectively solve problems and adapt to changing situations.
- Manage Field related expenses and Documentation
- Lead the recruitment (manage applications, screening, interview and on boarding) of Field coordinators and enumerators
- Participate in the training of Field coordinator and enumerators
- Ensure smooth implementation of the field work according to the activity plan including budget, monitoring of activities and coordination with government offices on the ground
- Secure Government Permission at regional, Zonal and District level
- Maintain stakeholder’s relationship at all levels.
- Test questionnaires and conduct interview using Tablets/Mobile phones.
- Travel to different locations at woreda and Kebele levels to conduct field preparation and data collection.
- Document issues that arise during fieldwork with receipts.
- Conduct interview with stakeholders and Farmers to gain deeper understanding of selected topics
- Support and monitor daily QC sessions.
- Manage daily activities of FCs and ensure that relevant information on next steps is communicated and resources availed on time.
- Manage finances and optimal allocation of resources
- Prepare and facilitate field test session.
- Set selection criteria with Project Associate for the vacant positions.
- Identify access to power and fuel and match it with the route plan.
- Prepare a contact list of motor bike providers obtained from logistics officers.
- Assist in any other tasks related to the delivery of the project at hand
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with coffee farming is highly advantageous (Raised in coffee growing families, participated in researches conducted on coffee)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills – especially the ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel, internet.
- Ability to write a good Report.
- Willingness to work in rural areas and on weekends, if required
- Very good communication skills in Amharic, English, and any one of the local languages Afan Oromo, Gede’uffa, Sidamu’affo.
- Quick learner and effective team-player
- Ability to motivate team members
- Good understanding and skill of properly managing field expenses and coaching of tem members.
- Able to ride Motor bikes (Desirable)
- Please follow this link https://ift.tt/2P4pPz0 ,fill out the Application form and send your CV by email@example.com
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis so we encourage you to apply ASAP.
See Job Detail or Apply