Terms of Reference for Field Coordinator Position
General Field Coordinator; QCO(on Data related issues)
Project duration 10-15 weeks between October 2020- December 2020
Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Plant Science, Business, Economics, Statistics or related field with relevant professional experience
3 – 5 years’ experience in conducting agricultural surveys in particular at supervisory or team leader position.
Excellent Motorbike driving skill; Valid and renewed motorbike driving license (Mandatory).
Excellent verbal and written proficiency in English and Amharic and any one of the local languages Afan Oromo, Gede’uffa, Sidamu’ Afoo….
Various Zones/Woreda in Oromia, Sidama, and Gedeo Regions
Insights consults is an independent, full service management and research firm legally registered in Ethiopia to deliver an array of research and business consulting services to a wide range of government, non-government and commercial companies. We, at Insights Consults, help organizations in setting up baseline data that supports them as an input in program design. We also assist organizations in performance measurement and evaluation of Program and campaigns, conduct surveys, and design and assessment of Monitoring and evaluation systems.
Insights Consultancy is looking for brilliant and highly-motivated experienced people to assist with our fieldwork activities in Oromia, Sidama, and Gedeo Regions. Final location will be finalized depending on place of residence and language ability of applicants. Successful candidates will be added to our database and be contacted for further screening.
The main role of Field Coordinator is for coordinating, monitoring and providing support to Enumerators. In addition the Field Coordinator will be responsible for creating a safe and friendly working environment, providing leadership & logistics support and maintaining quality of work. Ideal candidates should have; experience in collecting quantitative data using electronic data collection instruments, Report writing skill, ability to motivate team members, good understanding and skill of properly managing and coaching enumerators, and appropriate skill and methods to implement in the data collection process to maintain high data quality. Applicants must be excellent communicators both in Amharic and English, have exceptional interpersonal skills, should be team players who are able to effectively solve problems and adapt to changing situations.
- Ensure that the team has all required information and necessary equipment’s and survey tools ready in working order.
- Prepare daily and weekly schedule activities as well as the work of others.
- Always be available to enumerators and team members.
- Keep the team motivated and energized.
- Provide coaching and feedback to enumerators regularly.
- Receive information from General field Coordinator (GFC) and Operation Manager on basic logistics metrics; Communicate immediately if any issues occur.
- Accompany enumerators on a daily basis; especially focused on enumerators that produce lesser quality data and actively coach/train to maintain improvement.
- Organize and lead daily Quality Control and Close out report feedback sessions with the team to identify and solve data quality issues; verify information with enumerators and report back on schedule.
- Communicate, gather & share other teams’ relevant information, that teams encountered on the field; use it to inspire the team and prepare in advance for the challenge.
- Ensure that enum’s get paid whenever the payments is made by the employer
- Plan, analyze situations and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Monitor and review information from events in the environment to detect or assess problems or health and safety concerns.
- Scout and update supply unit for coffee production capacity, security issue and availability of basic infrastructure.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Plant Science, Forestry, Development Studies, Economics, Business, Statistics, Social Science or related field.
- Experience in conducting surveys at supervisor or team leader position
- Experience with coffee farming is highly advantageous (raised in coffee growing families, participated in researches conducted on coffee)
- Very good communication skills in Amharic, English, any one of the local languages Afan Oromo, Gede’uffa, and Sidamu’affo.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good computer skills – especially the ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel, internet, ability to write a good report and also use Statistical software is a Plus.
- Willingness to work in rural areas and
- Quick learner and effective team-player
- Excellent Motorbike driving skill; Valid and renewed motorbike driving license.
- Experience working in challenging environment; physically fit to reach inaccessible rural villages and farms and on ready to carryout assigned tasks on weekends and beyond hours, if required.
Please follow this link https://tinyurl.com/yxognwfb and fill out the Application form and send your CV by firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis so we encourage you to apply ASAP.
See Job Detail or Apply