Ethiopia - Country Administrator
Coopi is looking for a Country Administrator in Ethiopia
The Country Administrator:
- is responsible for supervision, management and quality implementation of all aspects of COOPI financial and administrative operations in country;
- will be part of the senior management team and is expected to work with the Project Managers, Coordinators and Accountants in the field in order to support the management of the projects.
We encourage international staff already in the country to apply.
Administration and finance
- Ensure compliancy with financial and administrative requirements set by the Donors and by COOPI;
- Provide technical support on correct application of the COOPI and donors’ administrative procedures to the Project Managers;
- Control and assure compliance of program expenditures with program budgets;
- Monitor cash flows and supervise petty cash handling;
- Supporting Project Managers in the management of projects budget, ensuring that the financial resources available for the projects are spent following the donors' procedures and according to the project’s budgets;
- Monitor the sustainability of the Country Coordination and field offices under the Regional Coordination responsibility, and verifies the correct costs’ attribution/distribution;
- Ensures sound planning and preparation of budgets, amendments and forecasts together with the project manager;
- Manage financial audit performed on the projects;
- Supervise yearly financial audit on general accounting for local authorities.
- Procurement: provide technical oversight to the procurement process and ensure proper supply chain management procedures are in place and that standard logistics and related administrative systems are established and implemented within COOPI country programme;
- Support and control the activities of logistic office in compliance with the organization regulations and the major donors including ensuring the correct management of the stock of materials and equipment and preparing, updating and management of the inventories.
- Coordinate and supervise overall human resources policy implementation, included Labour Law application, recruitment and that staff salaries are effectively paid to eligible staff and an audit trail of records is maintained.
- Prepare periodical project financial reports and/or requests to be sent to COOPI Milan HQ's;
- Produce monthly cash and bank reconciliation statements.
- Degree in economics, finance, accounting, administration or related field;
- A minimum of five years of relevant working experience;
- Good knowledge of main donors’ administrative rules and procurement procedures (ECHO, UE, UN, AICS);
- Experience in liaising with governmental/ local authorities, IOs and NGOs;
- Experience in audits management;
- Budget design and management;
- Ability to understand the administrative policies of the donors;
- Fluency in English;
- Computer literacy, with high proficiency in the use of standard office software applications.
- Ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints;
- Proven capacity to work in a team;
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Institutional relations management and cultural context understanding;
- Strong supervisory abilities, and demonstrated capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant actors;
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication, negotiation skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in stressful environments and under pressure;
- Very good inter-personal behaviour.
- Experience in systems (logistics, procurement) and security matters;
- Experience in organizing and supervising a complex team;
- Knowledge of Italian;
- Previous work experience in country;
- Knowledge of COOPI’s procedures.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.