Technical support for PPPs in Ethiopia (Short-term expert)
Expertise France – Expertise France (EF) is a French Public Agency focusing on implementation of international technical assistance under the coordination of the Agence Française de Dévelopement (AFD), the French Development Agency. EF aims at contributing to sustainable development based on solidarity and inclusiveness, mainly through enhancing the quality of public policies within the partner countries.
EF designs and implements cooperation projects addressing skills transfers between professionals. The agency also develops integrated offers, assembling public and private expertise in order to respond to the partner countries’ needs.
PPP program support- At the request of the Federal and Democratic Republic of Ethiopia in 2019, a technical assistance (TA) program was designed to support the implementation of the Ethiopian second Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP II) especially regarding the public-private partnership (PPP) reforms. The TA program is financed by AFD (the French Bank of Development).
Component 1 of the TA program aims at providing support to the Ethiopian PPP Unit, the PPP Directorate General, and the main Ethiopian Contracting Authority, Ethiopian Electrictric Power for the preparation and implementation of PPP projects through the mobilization of two long-term resident experts:
- 1 PPP advisor embedded to the PPPDG.
- 1 energy specialist embedded to EEP.
The support is going to be completed by the mobilization of short-term experts to provide technical assistance to the above-mentioned beneficiaries by a learning by doing methodology in their field of expertise.
Field of expertise needed – Expertise France is looking for experts in the field of the following area of expertise :
- legal in PPP
- financial and economic in PPP
- project planning in PPP
- expert clean power 1: grid connected solar pv.
- expert clean power 2: grid connected large wind
- geothermal: clean power (power/energy engineering)
- safeguards 1: environment and climate change
- safeguards 2: social and gender **Mission -
Assignments- The pre-selected short-term experts will be required to provide key technical support to the PPPDG or to EEP as follows:
- On ongoing PPP project of the pipeline ;
- On planned PPP Project (new projects).
- For each mission, the selected experts shall provide support to the beneficiaries’ through a learning by doing approach in order to build skills in professionally realistic situations and enable PPPDG and EEP to roll them out in autonomy and acquire a global 360° perspective on the subject and related issues
Tender process – Eight pools of short-experts will be created (one per above-mentioned area of expertise ) with the candidates who will be pre-selected during this call for tenders. Each candidate shall apply to the pool that corresponds to his field of expertise. The different pools of expertise, listed below, are divided in procurement lots. Each procurement lot will be awarded to several experts.
(i) Framework service contract per lot: Each expert who will be pre-selected through this tender will signed a framework service contract with Expertise France .
(ii) Subsequent contracts: Upon the occurrence of a requirement from Expertise France, the pre-selected candidates will be re-competed for a subsequent contract. The award criteria set out in the tender specifications will be based on:
– Technical criteria (candidate’s previous experiences with regard to the service needed);
– Logistical criteria (availability of the candidate).
How to apply:
Submission of tenders
In order to submit their tenders, tenderers must enter the following reference in the “current tender – search” field on the e-procurement platform (www.marches-publics.gouv.fr ): ref 2020-080901
Tenders must be submitted through the e-procurement platform before September 13th, 2020 at 12:00(Paris time).
The Candidatures material must include the following documents:
(i) Expression of interest
- A completed Expression of interest form ;
- A completed Legal identity form
- A list of maximum 3 project references related to the procurement lots for which the candidate applies with referees to contact ;
- Sworn statement on exclusion criteria, the absence of conflict of interest and the availability of the tenderer
- Third party identification sheet
(ii) Technical offer
- Resume of maximum 5 pages for each short-term expert candidate (with only relevant experiences related to the procurement lot for which the candidate applies)
- Motivation letter of 2 pages maximum detailing how the expert is going to/ has already in the past implemented a learning by doing approach to reinforce capacity of beneficiaries/ administration.
(iii) Financial offer : The Financial offer must include the following documents:
a) The duly completed, dated and signed Framework Contract agreement for the procurement lots for which the candidate is applying ;
b) A completed Financial Proposal (see Annex to the contract agreement) to indicate the bank account into which payments should be made if the tender is successful.
All documents to be completed are available on (www.marches-publics.gouv.fr ): ref 2020-080901