SENIOR LAWYER AD
We are looking for a highly qualified Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our business. You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize the probability of exposure.
• Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance, etc.)
• Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies
• Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
• Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
• Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
• Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority, etc.), creating relations of trust
• Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
• Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
• Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
• Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
• Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
• Proven experience as a legal counsel in a business environment
• Senior lawyers that have been practicing in Ethiopia for a number of years.
• Experience or knowledge in the Commonwealth legal system in which Australia and England would be a part of,
• Some work experience and knowledge of the Australian legal system would be an advantage but not a must.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
• Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
• Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
• High degree of professional ethics and integrity
• Sound judgment and ability to analyze situations and information
• Outstanding communication skills
• BSc degree in Law or J.D. degree
• MA or BSc in Business Administration will be considered an advantage;
If you don’t have experience in some of these listed above, then you can learn and have on the job learning.
This work is a long-term/full-time job. You should be able to work 8-12 hours a day through Sydney Clock (UTC + 10) and he/she must have a fast and reliable Internet connection.
Candidates must be able to work without any obstacles during working hours.
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV to HR@universalgroups.com
See Job Detail or Apply