Senior Health Officer
Reference No: REC/ 051/20
Job title: Senior Health Officer
Location: Borena /Yabello
Reports to: Programme Manager
Closing Date: June 25, 2020
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL is a non-for profit organization that has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years, towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS. Currently, we work with pastoralist, agro-pastoral, pastoral dropouts, rural small holder farmers, rural/urban youth and street children to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience in Ethiopia working closely with local communities, local government, donors and other key actors. GOAL E Humanitarian Response is centered on nutrition, WASH, livelihoods, multipurpose cash, NFIs and protection interventions in country wide while the recovery and development focus on livelihoods, economic opportunities, health, health and nutrition system strengthening and WASH with solid emphasis on integrated programming and community-based approach in Oromiya regional state. The Street Children programme is implemented with local partners in Addis Ababa and Hawassa.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
ABOUT THE ROLE
GOAL Ethiopia is looking for a highly experienced individual for the position of Senior Health Officer who will be will be responsible for the day to day management of Primary Health and Nutrition Care project implemented in the operational Woredas of Somali region. Provision of primary health care service and management of Mobile Health and Nutrition Team (MHNT) is a key component of the position holder.
You'll be an experienced Senior Health Officer who will provide consultation, necessary treatment as needed to the intended beneficiaries in the health facilities and outside health facility in the project sites. He/she will work with the GOAL Nutrition team and other officers within the field office to enhance their participation and involvement in prevention, awareness creation and capacity building of woreda based government health staffs.
Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
BSc/HO in Public Health with a minimum of four years’ proven work experience preferably in NGO and Mobile health and nutrition projects.
Demonstrable experience in working with communities, and knowledge of participatory approaches
- Extensive Knowledge and experience in primary health care system.
- Strong knowledge on monitoring and evaluation and report writing,
- Ability to plan and organize work to meet individual, team and programme objective,
- Training and facilitation skill,
- Ability to effectively liaise with government, donors, NGOs, community leaders and other stakeholders
- Fosters working in teams & team work spirit,
- Very good knowledge and practice of computer application,
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken. Knowledge of local language is a must.
- Continually looks to improve personal skill, knowledge and work hence contribute to capacity building within the team and organization,
- Flexible and creative approach; keen to take initiative where appropriate.
- Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibilities,
Desirable qualities, Skills and Competences:
- Have good understanding and hands on experience on mobile health and nutrition projects.
- Familiarity to the local culture and local language (Oromiffa).
- Passionate, strongly dedicated and highly committed to work for the improvement of the poor community.
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safe guarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other rules and regulation of the organization. GOAL is strongly committed not to harm the people under its care.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non - returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with Job Title needs to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can apply using the following option.
- Applicants who have access to the internet can directly submit their application to email@example.com (The vacancy reference number, Job Title along with the full name needs to be written on subject of the email, failing to do this will leads to disqualification) and on ethiojobs.net
- Applicants without access to internet can submit to the Administration & Human Resources Department, GOAL Ethiopia P. O. Box 5504, Addis Ababa or personally to GOAL Ethiopia Head Office reception.
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process
See Job Detail or Apply