ISD entered a project agreement with Finish Fund for Local Cooperation (FLC) to implement “Women Economic Empowerment” Project in Jigjiga town, Somali Regional State. Hence, ISD would like to recruit potential candidates for positions listed below.
Roles and Responsibilities
The project Officer (PO) is working under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator (PC). The overall objective of the position is to initiate, implement and follow-up of all activities for "FLC" project which Empowers women, girls and persons with disabilities (PWDs) new skills and opportunities to help them in improving the livelihoods and economic opportunities of women and girls with disabilities in more sustainable manner.
Project Implementation and Management Support
- Develop annual and quarterly project activity plan
- Effectively plan, organize and implement events including workshops, awareness-raising campaigns, and experience sharing opportunities
- Monitor whether mentors, Vocational centers, Women beneficiary groups, and trainers are implementing the agreed project activities based on standards, and agreed time table
- Provide technical inputs to mentors, local partners for quality activity implementation,
- Maintain M & E system and feedback mechanisms
- Make regular field trips to project sites to monitor quality of activity implementation
Proper Documenting and Record Keeping
- Ensure proper documentation and efficient use of project’s resources.
- Produce terms of reference and activity reports for each activity implemented.
- Carry out regular recording and reporting of activities, field trips and meetings; in coordination with other team members.
- Collect data relevant to the project.
- Maintain a database of information on the project.
- Participate in compiling lessons learned, designing and implementing events for exchange of project experience.
- Ensure effective recording and dissemination of results of model of capacity building programs for mentors, teachers and local partners.
- Contribute to designing system to compile and disseminate best practices.
- Ensure regular recording of field trips and activity implementation relating to project implementation.
- Compile monthly and project activities report and submit to PC.
- Prepare and submit monthly time sheet.
Develop Resources and Conduct Capacity Building
- Develop resource to t build the capacity of women groups.
- Prepare Power Point presentations and workshop handouts.
- Conduct and facilitate CC sessions.
- Translate short documents or review the translation of materials.
- Conduct training need assessment and training of beneficiary women and girls, mentors, trainers, local service providers, and
- Monitor and evaluate if the capacity building/training have improved the knowledge, and skills of trainees with regards to child protection, disability, inclusion, individual learning assessments, etc.
Maintain a high quality of work
- Study and maintain a high level of knowledge and skills on understanding disability, women empowerment, conflict resolution techniques at the community level and peace and security knowledge is required.
Responsible for implementing the safeguarding policies at project level
- Prepare work plans and implement safeguarding (Women and gender protection, PSEA) activities.
- Ensures that the women trainers and local partners are aware of the safeguarding policies and facilitate discussions to build their capacity in this regard
- Ensure that ISD safeguarding policies are implemented at all levels in its project site
- Ensure that project beneficiaries are aware of these policies and promote to report any concern regarding Women and gender protection or PSEA
- Monitor and document the progress of child protection and PSEA activities.
- Report immediately any concern, incident to the PM/PD concerning child protection and PSEA.
- Represent the project in the implementation area
- Cooperate with local government counter parts, and implementing partners and other stakeholders to realize the project objective.
- Set up a proper communication system with partners
- Other responsibilities may be given by the line manager as necessary
See Job Detail or Apply