Programme Coordinator - Ending Violence Against Women and Girls (EVAWG) Spotlight
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the overall coordination of the Spotlight Regional Programme Stream I component and implementation of pillar 6:
- Coordinate the overall Programme implementation according to the programme document;
- Liaise with the Programme steering committee, counterparts, donors, UN Women and partners to ensure the Programme results are achieved and resources are managed;
- Prepare and present work-plans, periodic narrative progress reports and expenditures status reports to the Programme steering committee and UN Women and other stakeholders as necessary;
- Establish systems for programme planning, implementation and monitoring in collaboration with partners;
- Record and maintain documents on relevant Programme activities, issues, and risks.
- Manage coordination with regional partners and other stakeholders:
- Manage relationships with regional implementing partners to support implementation of the Spotlight Regional Programme Stream I component, raise potential problems and provide solutions;
- Provide substantial guidance to partners on establishment of performance indicators, and monitoring achievement of results;
- Identify capacity building needs and support partners through technical assistance, mentoring, training, and cross partner learning and sharing, and capacity development initiatives; develop training materials and workshops, as necessary.
- Oversee the monitoring and reporting on the Spotlight Regional Programme Stream I component:
- Gather and compile all information necessary for monitoring, evaluation and reporting on the programme;
- Monitor the implementation of activities and the expenditure of funds by partners;
- Finalize annual and quarterly reports; finalize the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Provide inputs from Spotlight Regional Programme Stream I component activities and results to Country Office reporting;
- Ensure the delivery of baseline, monitoring, evaluation plans and reports (flash, progress and final) based on information compiled from colleagues and stakeholders.
- Manage financial resources and supervise staff:
- Supervise and manage a team of professional and administrative personnel, review performance and mentor/ coach personnel;
- Develop and prepare of financial resources of the programme including budgeting and budget revisions, and expenditure tracking and reporting;
- Oversee and monitor the allocation and disbursement of funds to participating partners;
- Ensure appropriate actions are taken to optimize use of programme funds.
- Build partnerships and support in developing resource mobilization strategies:
- Coordinate the development of partnerships and resource mobilization strategies;
- Determine programmatic areas of cooperation, based on strategic goals of UN Women, country needs and donors’ priorities and develop the relevant partnerships;
- Participate in on-going coordination mechanisms to ensure coherence of the programme with other country-level processes.
- Advocate and facilitate knowledge building and management and communication:
- Develop briefs on programme achievements;
- Ensure documentation of the programme implementation process and products produced are in accordance with UN Women guidelines;
- Coordinate exchange of information and knowledge products internally and externally of the programme;
- Organize major advocacy campaigns, events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Strong knowledge of EVAW;
- Excellent programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Results Based Management;
- Ability to lead the development of detailed operational plans, budgets, and deliver on them for development results;
- Ability to synthesize programme performance data and produce analytical reports to inform management and strategic decision-making;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Strong knowledge of UN programme management systems.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in public administration, law, human rights, gender equality, management, social sciences or other related areas is required;
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in managing complex and multi-component programme interventions with regional partners, preferably related to EVAW and women’s human rights;
- Experience in coordinating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating development programmes and projects; specifically, with different UN agencies;
- Previous experience working in the UN system is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Working knowledge of French language is an asset
See Job Detail or Apply