Doctors with Africa CUAMM is the first NGO in the healthcare area officially recognized in Italy.
Founded in 1950 with the aim of training doctors to work in developing countries, CUAMM is working in Angola, Central African Republic, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda implementing healthcare projects in partnership with local governments and institutions.
Doctors with Africa CUAMM does not tolerate any abuse, exploitation or violence against vulnerable children and adults, nor other behaviour that does not respect human dignity from its own staff, partner staff or other staff associated with the NGO.
JOB TITLE: Paediatrician/Neonatologist
JOB LOCATION: Ethiopia, Wolisso Hospital
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 22nd, 2020
START DATE: September-October 2020
DURATION: 12 months
University Degree in Medicine and Surgery with further specialisation or equivalent title in Paediatrics
Good knowledge of written and spoken English
Solid experience in paediatrics and neonatology
The Paediatrician/Neonatologist is responsible for the Paediatrics department, the Neonatology unit and the nutritional center.
The specific tasks are:
• Organize the work of the Paediatrics Department and the Neonatology Unit ensuring efficiency and quality of services
• Supervise the activity of the nutritional center and the related data collection
• Carry out on-the-job training and formal training of personnel dedicated to neonatal and child services
• Contribute to the hospital quality improvement strategy for services
• Collaborate with other hospital doctors to ensure the exchange of knowledge and the proper functioning of the hospital in all its components
• Ensure participation in the technical meetings aimed at reviewing the guidelines and defining the strategies in the country
• Collaborate to outline themes for operational research and their realization
How to apply:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Selection interviews are done face-to-face or by Skype.
The selection process is based on non-discrimination criteria and candidates are taken into consideration without distinction of ethnicity, gender, political orientation, religion, personal opinions, sexual orientation.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org