Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation Specialist – EVAWG Spotlight
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage Spotlight Regional Programme for Africa Stream I component learning, monitoring and evaluation (LME) activities:
- Develop, manage and lead the implementation of a rigorous learning, monitoring and evaluation framework, including selecting adequate indicators and establishing adequate baselines and targets that are consistent with the programme’s objectives;
- Provide technical guidance on Results Based Management (RMB) and Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation (LME) to all project teams, including conducting practical training as required;
- Develop, update and ensure the effective use of LME-related guideline documents;
- Technically contribute to the development of and implementation of the M&E sections and results framework of the Spotlight Regional Programme Steam I component;
- Act as the main Task Manager for internal/external assessments and evaluations of Spotlight Regional Programme, including management of evaluators and overall coordination.
- Monitor, assess, analyze and produce reports on key results and achievements across the Spotlight Regional Program Stream I component:
- Lead the development of quality learning, monitoring and evaluation plans based on RBM principles that are in line with and consistent with the overall objectives of the Spotlight Regional Porgramme;
- Collect and report quarterly and year-end results data and measure progress towards the targets established by Spotlight Regional Porgramme Stream I;
- Technically contribute to the production of the annual narrative reports of for Spotlight Regional Porgramme Stream I component;
- Periodically review the performance of indicators and make adjustments as needed;
- Provide regular, rigorous analysis and updates to the Spotlight Regional Porgramme Stream I management team on progress towards the objectives set by programme and the specific challenges faced;
- Organize mid-term and end-term programme meetings to review implementation, document lessons learnt and share experiences;
- Generate critical lessons learned, impact achieved and good practices from the programme and ensure their wider circulation in close collaboration with relevant team members;
- Conduct monitoring missions as required.
- Oversee reporting of results to internal and external audiences:
- Finalize donor and programme reports (both narrative and financial);
- Ensure use of relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations are incorporated into programme reporting;
- Review progress reports submitted by partners and provide feedback to improve quality and timeliness of reporting;
- Ensure the availability (including collecting and maintaining) of data for regional and global corporate reports, mid-term reviews, and final evaluations.
- Contribute to knowledge building and capacity building:
- Identify and disseminate good practices, lessons and knowledge; as identified through programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Develop capacity development tools, including training materials and packages;
- Manage capacity building opportunities of programme team and partners in the region in the areas of Results Based Management (RBM), Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E);
- Provide technical contributions to the development of training and guidance on results-based reporting and use of the Results Management System;
- Organize meetings, workshops and other discussion fora to establish a dialogue on evaluation results and the evaluative knowledge management.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Strong knowledge of programme formulation and implementation and Results Based Management;
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and evaluation, evaluation design, data collection and analysis, and reporting;
- Ability to synthesize programme performance data and produce analytical reports;
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- Good knowledge of UN programme management systems.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Political or Social Science, Economics, International Development Studies, Gender/Women's Studies is required;
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- A project/programme management certification (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience at the national, regional or international level in monitoring and reporting of development projects/ programmes;
- Experience in the United Nations systems in an asset;
- Field experience is an asset.
- Fluency in English and French is required;
- Knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
See Job Detail or Apply