Mechanical Team Leader
Mechanical Team Leader
Our client, a leading international company, has started its operation in Ethiopia in 2017 is now building a malt factory and is actively working on local malt barley sourcing. To support its development and ongoing operations, our client is looking to hire a Mechanical Team Leader.
The Mechanical Team Leader is responsible for supervising/ leading mechanical workers and making sure work is completed in a safe and efficient manner. & executing the maintenance schedule to maximize asset availability. To achieve his/her mission he needs to work with the Maintenance Manager, the Deputy maintenance manager, the Electrical Team leader, production shift leader, Procurement & inventory managers. He/she is also responsible to undertake planned preventative maintenance routines, resolving, recording and reporting any defects discovered and Keep equipment downtime to a minimum through reactive breakdown intervention management and self-involvement.
- He/she is responsible for planning, monitoring and supervising all activities associated with MechanicalTeam Members based on the general maintenance schedule.
- Ensure that equipment is functioning at an optimum level of efficiency, so that all Manufacturing divisions can achieve productivity, quality and reliability goals
- Identifying and assessing equipment and systems that are identified as Critical Equipment and ensuring the correct maintenance policy is in place incl. spares holding, service level agreements
- Implement the execution of routine and preventive maintenance programs, planning, and scheduling of work orders, adjusting work schedules in response to changing priorities
- Inspect completed work for the purpose of ensuring quality of work
- Retrieve and prioritize work orders from automated system; assigned crews and coordinated material/equipment support to complete requirements.
- Monitor and track preventive maintenance performance, resource utilization and work order completion.
- Identify and recommend cost reduction opportunities within the Maintenance Department
- Implementing preventative maintenance plans for all equipment and Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed and performing preventive maintenance on mechanical equipment in accordance with standardized procedures
- Participate in a teamwork atmosphere and contribute to various continuous improvement projects and Kaizen activities, such as standardized work improvements, cost- breakdowns or other improvement activities, etc.
- Organize and control materials ensuring that appropriate materials are effectively utilised, and that best value is achieved in their purchase. Ensure that materials can be quickly accessed when required to avoid any delay in the completion of work.
- Carry out WIP and pre & post inspections for maintenance works, ensuring that any defective works are rectified and our quality standards are maintained.
- Work closely with the Health and Safety Advisor and Coordinator to ensure that safe systems of work are in place to mitigate risks and that the requirements of Health and Safety legislation are met.
- BSc degree in Mechanical Engineering or Diploma in General Mechanic or related
- Minimum 5years experience for BSc degree and Minimum 9 years experience for Diploma, preferably in the malting industry but not exclusively.
- Experience in Malting industry is a plus;
- Based in Addis Ababa Bole lemi industry park
- Must have leadership experience in a manufacturing environment, specifically within a maintenance capacity.
- Must possess strong maintenance ability of mechanical equipment.
- Must possess the ability for working under pressure - complete assigned tasks under stressful situations and deal with the stress or emergency situations.
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment & able to perform multiple tasks and prioritize duties as required.
- Ability to read and follow work instructions, procedures and policies.
- Positive attitude to support company policies and must be able to create and maintain a high-morale environment.
- Ability to manage workload
- Good written and oral communication skills of English language.
Interested applicants can apply by sending their CVs to email@example.com with the subject line Mechanical Team Leader before June 25th, 2020.
About YES | YOUR EMPLOYMENT SOLUTIONS
YES | Your Employment Solutions delivers full-cycle recruitment services and executive search support by discovering and screening the most qualified candidates utilizing cutting-edge technology and timeless traditional headhunting methods. Based in Addis Ababa, YES has become the industry leader in the specialty areas of manufacturing, engineering, HR,sales, marketing, information technology, supply chain, accounting & finance and Operations.
See Job Detail or Apply