MD coordinator of PH activities
JOB TITLE: MD coordinator of PH activities
JOB LOCATION: Ethiopia, South West Shoa Zone, Wolisso
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 22nd, 2020
START DATE: September 2020
DURATION: 6-12 months
Degree in Medicine and Surgery with Specialization, Master or equivalent title in Public Health
Good knowledge of English
Experience in the area of Procurement, better within an NGO
Experience in managing or coordinating PH activities in developing countries; previous experience in African context will be an asset
Good coordination and adaptation skills
The coordinator of PH activities is responsible for the coordination and implementation of Public Health activities in the area.
The MD PH expert is expected to:
- Maintain institutional relations with local health authorities, encourage regular coordination meetings with the Zonal Health Bureau and provide technical assistance to the health districts involved
- Coordinate the technical consultancies provided and contribute to the development of operational research protocols
- Collaborate in the process of improving data collection and analysis
- Support the strengthening of rapid response mechanisms to epidemics and to the lack of access to services in some areas, collaborating with local health authorities for the necessary measures
- Carry out awareness campaigns on the importance of vaccinations, rapid alert and risk reduction
- Participate in health policy review meetings at district, zonal and regional levels
- Provide technical assistance and support to the Public Health Department of St. Luke Hospital in Wolisso
How to apply:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Selection interviews are done face-to-face or by Skype.
The selection process is based on non-discrimination criteria and candidates are taken into consideration without distinction of ethnicity, gender, political orientation, religion, personal opinions, sexual orientation.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com