Doctors with Africa CUAMM is the first NGO in the healthcare area officially recognized in Italy.
Founded in 1950 with the aim of training doctors to work in developing countries, CUAMM is working in Angola, Central African Republic, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda implementing healthcare projects in partnership with local governments and institutions.
Doctors with Africa CUAMM does not tolerate any abuse, exploitation or violence against vulnerable children and adults, nor other behaviour that does not respect human dignity from its own staff, partner staff or other staff associated with the NGO.
JOB TITLE: Internist MD
JOB LOCATION: Ethiopia, Wolisso Hospital
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 22nd
START DATE: September-October 2020
DURATION: 12 months
University Degree in Medicine and Surgery with further specialisation or equivalent title in Internal Medicine
Good knowledge of written and spoken English
Previous work experience in developing countries
The internist is expected to collaborate in improving the quality of services by carrying out clinical and organizational activities and training local staff. The specific activities are:
• Support the activities of the emergency room, the ward and OPD services by monitoring the quality of diagnoses and treatments based on the protocols in force
• Contribute to the continuous education program of hospital staff• Collaborate in the improvement and updating of clinical protocols
• Promote strategies for improving the quality of care
• Contribute to the production of hospital data
• Collaborate and/or promote any operational research in the areas of competence
How to apply:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Selection interviews are done face-to-face or by Skype.
The selection process is based on non-discrimination criteria and candidates are taken into consideration without distinction of ethnicity, gender, political orientation, religion, personal opinions, sexual orientation.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org