Our team is currently looking to recruit highly experienced and qualified Ethiopian applicants for a managerial position for our client Forests of the World.
Short Description of Our Client Organization: Forests of the World (Verdens Skove) is an international NGO founded in Denmark in 1983 working within developmental and environmental issues and with the objective to conserve and manage the world’s forests in a sustainable way.
We create opportunities for communities and people, who aspire to save the forests of the world. We also aim to demonstrate and prove the value of the living forest through campaigns, consumer information, training, cooperation, and concrete work in and around rainforests.
In 2020 we are registering a local representation (hub) in Ethiopia, headquartered in Addis Ababa, to act as the main liaison office for various collaboration partners in East Africa, mainly in Ethiopia and Uganda.
Thus, following the FoW governing strategy of working in partnerships
with local NGOs, the office and its staff will not be implementing projects. The local partner organizations will be the agents responsible for local implementation and financial management of program funds.
The hub will coordinate and give technical assistance to the local implementing partner.
Job title: Hub Manager for Forests of the World
Reporting to: The Director of the International Department of FoW regarding staff
issues, risk and opportunity management and with HQ Hub coordinator regarding the project
Salary: Attractive Salary in accordance with capacity and experience
Hours: 40 Hours per week with certain flexibility according to travels and personal preferences
Location: The duty station will be the hub office in Addis Ababa, but the employee will be expected to
undertake frequent travels, domestic and international as part of the job.
Purpose of the position:
The Hub Manager will be the overall responsible person for the Hub office and will work under the supervision and authority of Forests of the World’s headquarters in Denmark. The Hub Manager will in general assist partner organizations in pursuing the aims and strategies as outlined in the program and project documents defining the collaboration between FoW and the partner organization. The Hub Manager will further participate in the organizational development process of FoW.
Responsibilities and duties
- Day to day management of the hub office including responsibility for the financial, operational and human resource management
- Being the main focal point for communication between the Hub and the FoW headquarters in Denmark
- Monitoring of all FoW programs and projects in the countries covered by the Hub,
including assisting partner organizations in meeting reporting and audit requirements
- Assisting the development and drafting of partner projects as per budgetary and
administrative guidelines determined by Forests of the World HQ
- Assist in growing the portfolio of FoW in East Africa in collaboration with other
- Provide technical assistance on one or more topics of relevance for our work in the region, e.g. agroforestry, organizational, business- or value chain development in
community settings, political advocacy, forest management and conservation in relation
to PFM areas.
Academic and trade qualifications
- University degree in management or environmental sciences
- Professional technical experience in a topic of relevance for Forests of the World’s work At least five years working experience from NGOs/donor-funded organizations and
- project management (incl. knowledge of budgets, technical and financial reports,
settlement of travel expenses, bank reconciliations, organizing events, etc.)
- Management skills and experience with human resource management is an advantage
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communication, networking and presentation skills
- Good all-round IT skills
Personal qualities and behavioral traits
- High work ethic, integrity, and ability to self-motivate
- Ability to work professionally and respectfully with partners and colleagues
Interested applicants with the appropriate qualifications and experience should submit their most recent and detailed CV only, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by putting the Position Name (Hub Manager) in the subject box.
Application deadline: June 20th, 2020
This position is only open for Ethiopian applicants.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
See Job Detail or Apply