Financial and Administrative Officer
Our team is currently looking to recruit highly experienced and qualified Ethiopian applicants for a managerial position for our client Forests of the World.
Short Description of Our Client Organization: Forests of the World (Verdens Skove) is an international NGO founded in Denmark in 1983 working within developmental and environmental issues and with the objective to conserve and manage the world’s forests in a sustainable way.
We create opportunities for communities and people, who aspire to save the forests of the world. We also aim to demonstrate and prove the value of the living forest through campaigns,
consumer information, training, cooperation, and concrete work in and around rainforests.
In 2020 we are registering a local representation (hub) in Ethiopia, headquartered in Addis Ababa, to act as the main liaison office for various collaboration partners in East Africa, mainly in Ethiopia and Uganda.
Thus, following the FoW governing strategy of working in partnerships
with local NGOs, the office and its staff will not be implementing projects. The local partner organizations will be the agents responsible for local implementation and financial management of program funds.
The hub will coordinate and give technical assistance to the local implementing partner.
Job title: Financial and Administrative Officer for Forests of the World
Reporting to: Country Hub Manager in the Day to Day Operations of the Hub and will refer to the Hub Manager.
Salary: Attractive Salary in accordance with capacity and experience
Hours: 40 Hours per week with certain flexibility according to travels and personal preferences
Location: The duty station will be the hub office in Addis Ababa, but the employee will be expected to undertake frequent travels, domestic and international as part of the job.
Responsibilities and duties
- Maintenance of all financial records of the Hub office and ensure all accounting activities
and audits comply with financial regulations and legislation of Ethiopia as well as
generally accepted accounting standards and the financial guidelines of Forests of the
- Review financial data and prepare monthly quarterly and annual reports.
- Assist the planning and conduction of statutory organizational meetings, audit,
evaluations and reports as well as ensuring compliance with national administrative
requirements for organizational registration and operation
- Assist in adequate and timely submission of quarterly, bi-annual, annual and final
financial reports by the partner organizations to the FoW
- Assist the development, formulation, and follow-up of project budgets
- Assist partners in compliance with donor-specific requirements concerning i.e. tax
exemptions, budget follow-up, acquisition policies, and audit requirements
- Conduct 1-2 annual financial/administrative control visits to each partner organization
Academic and trade qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in accounting and finance or similar
- Knowledge and experience from working with accounting software (e.g. Uniconta,
- Good all-round IT skills with a good knowledge of Google sheet and/or Excel
- 5+ years’ work experience in a similar field
- Working experience in donor-funded organizations and project management tools
(budgets, financial reports, settlement of travel expenses, bank reconciliations,
organizing events, etc.)
- Fluent in English
Personal qualities and behavioral traits
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work on your own initiative and under pressure
- Multi-tasking abilities, integrity, honesty.
- High work ethic, integrity, and ability to self-motivate
- Ability to work professionally and respectfully with partners and colleagues
How To Apply:
Interested applicants with the appropriate qualifications and experience should submit their most recent and detailed CV only, via email to email@example.com, by putting the Position Name (Finance and Administration Officer) in the subject box.
Application deadline: June 20th, 2020
This position is only open for Ethiopian applicants.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
See Job Detail or Apply