Finance and Contracts Administrator - SINCE Programme
PROFESSIONAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT N. 001/SINCE/2020
Finance and Contracts Administrator – Local contract
In accordance with the Italian Law 167/2017, art. 27, co. 1, the Embassy of Italy in Addis Ababa needs to recruit a Finance and Contracts Administrator in the framework of the Programme “Stemming Irregular Migration in Northern and Central Ethiopia - SINCE” (hereafter referred to as “the Programme”), financed by the European Union Trust Fund for Africa and managed by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, through the Embassy of Italy in Ethiopia (hereafter referred to as “the Employer”).
1. PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION
The Programme falls within the first priority domain of the Valletta Action Plan, namely 'Development benefits of migration and addressing root causes of irregular migration and forced displacement’ – Investing in development and poverty eradication, specifically to boost socio-economic opportunities.
The aim of the Programme is to create greater economic and employment opportunities, especially for young people and women, with a focus on rural towns and urban areas, particularly Addis Ababa, in the most migration-prone regions (Amhara, Tigray, Oromia, SNNP) of Ethiopia. The target of the Programme is migrants, potential migrants and returnees.
2. CONTRACT TYPE AND DURATION
The employment contract will be for a “definite period” (according to the Ethiopian law) and will last until 31 March 2021.
The recruitment will start soon after the conclusion of the selection process, indicatively on 15 July 2020.
3. DUTY STATION
Addis Ababa, with expected approved travels to all SINCE Programme implementation areas.
4. WORKING HOURS
The office working hours for the Programme staff are 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week.
The office working time is flexible according to the needs and demands of the Employer and subject to approval by the Programme Coordinator. Tentative working hours are as follow: Monday to Friday, from 08:30 to 13:00 and from 14:00 to 17:30
The monthly gross salary will be calculated on the basis of the experience and professional qualifications and will indicatively range from EUR 2,400 to 4.050.
In addition, the employee will receive indemnities for the cost of living and for the specific country risk as established in the AICS Joint Committee regulation 101 of 19.11.2019, applicable to this selection and recruitment procedure.
6. KEY FUNCTIONS
The Finance and Contract Officer will have a support role in the legal, procurement and administrative aspects of the Programme implementation. He will play the role of “financial initiator”, starting and booking expenditure following the instructions received by the Head of Mission, in close collaboration with the Programme Coordinator and under the supervision of the Administrative section of the Embassy. He’s also expected to provide support in the launching of tender procedures and in the reporting of expenditure.
The Finance and Contracts Administrator is directly accountable to the Head of Mission.
In particular, the Finance and Contract Administrator will be directly responsible of:
- Ensuring the correct administrative implementation of the Programme and the financial management of the EU funds supporting the administrative office of the Embassy in the accounting operations.
- Organizing and preparing all calls for tender and calls for proposal in compliance with Italian procurement law, as well as the Practical Guide to Contract Procedures for EU External Actions (PRAG).
- Establishing and implementing the procurement plan.
- Defining terms of reference of tenders and calls for proposals in collaboration with the technical experts.
- Supporting the evaluation commission in the award process for tenders.
- Preparing any documentation related to contracts and agreements.
- Ensuring the correct implementation of all contracts and agreements.
- Preparing the intermediate and final financial reports.
- Preparing the financial statements of Programme expenditure for the annual “Declaration of Management”.
- Preparing the payment requests to submit to the EU Delegation.
- Supporting the Programme Coordinator during the auditing conducted by the European Commission and Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
- Performing other duties as required.
7. QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND RELEVANT EXPERIENCES
All applicants should have a proven record of the following:
- University Degree (bachelor’s degree/first level) and at least 2 years of relevant professional experience in financial and administrative management of development projects;
Knowledge of the following languages:
- English (C1 level in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Italian (C1 level in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
Excellent knowledge of Italian and European procurement procedures (PRAG).
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications;
- Experience in management of EU Delegation Agreements.
- Previous responsibility for procurement procedures.
- Post-graduate degrees (Master-Doctorate) in legal and administrative subjects.
- Specialized courses in international cooperation.
- Experience in management of EU funds.
- Knowledge of the legal profession.
- Previous experience in the Country/Region indicated in this vacancy.
- Knowledge of Amharic language
- Being immediately available to hold the appointment.
8. EVALUATION OF APPLICATIONS
All the candidates will be evaluated by an Evaluation Committee, appointed by the Ambassador of Italy to Ethiopia, on the basis of the following criteria:
Education, experience, competencies and preferred requirements (Max 70 points)
Verification of the possession of the essential and preferential requirements according to the documentation presented by the candidate, with particular reference to the academic titles obtained and the professional experience gained.
Candidates scoring at least 50 points will be included in the shortlist and will be invited for an interview.
Interview (Max 30 points)
The interview will be carried out through audio/video connection (e.g. Skype), or at the premises of the Italian Embassy in Addis Abeba.
No reimbursement will be granted to those travelling to Ethiopia for the interview.
The oral interview will verify if the candidate possesses the required skills and knowledge as well as will assess the proficiency in the languages required. The oral test will be conducted in Italian and English
Candidates scoring at least 65 points at the end of the process will be included in the final list of endorsed candidates valid for a period of 12 months.
Youngest candidates will be preferred in case of a final equal score.
How to apply:
The submission of the application duly signed should indicate the number of the vacancy announcement. The application should be written in English and include the attached Legally Binding Statement (according to the art. 46 of Italian D.P.R. 28.12.2000 n. 445), indicating:
- Surname, name, date and place of birth.
- Full possession of civil and political rights
- Absence of conviction in any criminal offence or under any criminal or administrative proceeding either in Italy and abroad.
- Not having being dismissed for fault from employment by a Public Administration.
Any false declaration will incur on penal sanctions according to the article 76 of Italian D.P.R. 28.12.2000, n. 445.
The submission of the application, duly signed, should indicate the number of the vacancy announcement. The application should be written in English and include the following documents:
Curriculum Vitae in English, in Europass format, duly signed and clearly indicating educational and professional experiences relevant for the position;
Copy of the University Degree certificate;
Copy of valid passport;
Motivation letter in English (max one page), including a clear mention of the profile applied for;
A declaration to be immediately available to hold the appointment;
The Legally Binding Statement duly signed.
The applicant should also provide a telephone number and an email address for communications.
No other document than the ones listed above should be submitted at the time of the application.
Further documentation might be requested in order to finalize the selection process.
The applicant must communicate any changes occurring after the submission of the application for this vacancy.
The signed application and all attachments, with a total weight of maximum 1 MB, should be received before 10:30 EAT of 22 June 2020 at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly indicating in the subject the code: 001/SINCE/2020 - Finance and Contracts Administrator, or should be delivered by hand to:
SINCE Programme Office
Embassy of Italy in Addis Ababa
Villa Italia, Kebena, PO Box 1105
Please refer to the website https://www.esteri.it/mae/resource/doc/2020/06/vacancy_001-since-2020_signed.pdf for the full text of the vacancy and for further information.