Consultant - Sub-National Cluster Coordinator
Organizational Context and Scope:
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The successful candidate will support the ES/NFI Cluster to represent and coordinate the S/NFI response in Ethiopia by leading the sub-national S/NFI Cluster structure across both East, West Wellega, Oromia and Benishangul Gumuz regions.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Representing the ES/NFI Cluster at regional and zonal level with the regional government’s authorities, state representative’s institutions, local and national organizations, UNOCHA representation and donor agencies.
- Lead the S/NFI Cluster coordination hubs in East, West Wollega, Oromia, and Benishangul Region designing the regional (context specific) response plans and in assessing needs and gaps with frequent field travel from base in East/West Wollega, and to woreda centres where sub-cluster arrangements are established.
- Establish and maintain regular meeting schedule as required to discuss regionally adapted targets, debate on challenges, monitor progresses, and identify gaps and overlaps with all relevant cluster members active in their respective areas; organize ad-hoc meetings as required on the above.
- Promote attention to vulnerable groups and cross cutting issues including establishment of context specific beneficiary targeting criteria, context specific monitoring tools and Accountability to Affected Population strategy.
- Contribute directly to cross-cutting strategies and issues including but not exclusive to Housing Land and Property; cash modality for distribution; gender equity and protection.
- Monitor and identify issues under the above headings requiring advocacy to regional and zonal government; UNOCHA, and escalation to the Humanitarian Country Team; undertake such advocacy in consultation with the national Cluster Coordinator.
- Pro-actively contribute to security monitoring in the target area as it affects the ESNFI and wider humanitarian operation; alert UNDSS, UNOCHA and national Coordinator as appropriate regarding issues of concern
- In conjunction with the national coordinator, advocate for funding and materials needs for partners to address identified gaps.
- Contribute in the preparation and revision of contingency planning and preparedness processes at regional level.
- Actively engage new partner agencies to expand S/NFI Cluster participation and response and adapt cluster structures and operational models as required to optimally respond to the evolving situation.
- Actively participate and contribute to EOC and ICCG meeting at Regional and zonal level [as they occur].
- Lead regional reporting for the S/NFI Cluster in coordination with national Cluster Coordinator and Cluster Information Management Officer including contact list of ES/NFI actors working in the region.
Tangible and Measurable Outputs of the Work Assignment with the delivery dates
- Co-chair the Shelter/NFI Sub-national Cluster Coordination meeting twice per months in each location one in Gimbi and one in Nekemte.
- Collect 5Ws every month from partners with operational presence in East/West Wellega and Benishangul and ensure that the information corresponds with the national data set.
- Regularly updates the Operational Dashboard based on the inputs from partners
- Bi-weekly sectoral reports [to national cluster and OCHA, 24 reports overall via email or hardcopy]
Realistic Delivery Dates and Details as to how the work must be delivered
- The detailed workplan and delivery dates will be confirmed directly with the successful candidate:
- Lead at least one needs assessment and response gap analysis to identify and address (emerging) gaps, obstacles, duplication, and cross-cutting issues including age, gender, environment -to be completed by month 3 of the consultancy].
- Facilitation of at least two cross cutting workshops (Targeting, PCM, Protection Mainstreaming [one conducted by month 3, second conducted by month 5].
- Operation Plan for the two zones and Benishangul- first month
- Mission end report including exit plan- 6 months
Performance indicators for evaluation of results
Satisfactory completion of tasks indicated in this ToR. **
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Disaster Management, International Relations, Conflict Management, Human Rights, Law, Architecture, Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in project implementation and management experience, including project monitoring and reporting;
- Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with national and international institutions;
- Knowledge of shelter-related technical guidelines and standards;
- Experience in humanitarian programmes for migrants and capacity-building activities;
- Familiarity with financial and business administration;
- Sound and proven understanding of internal and international migration issues in the region and related issues;
- Experience in working in environments with significant security challenges is an advantage;
- Knowledge of the region is an advantage.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Amharic, Oromiffa, French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by July 10th , 2020 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesnt follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!